Chapter 23

Elodie’s POV

“What the hell is this?” I ask, dropping the latest tabloid in front of Lauren. On the cover was a picture of Mr Polite and I at the concert last night. That wasn’t the part that bothered me though. I was more than used to being in the tabloids. The part that annoyed me was the words printed below it. Lauren picks up the paper in amusement. With a chuckle she sets it back down and signs onto twitter and searches my name.

“Looks like you two have officially been shipped,” she teases.

“The fuck does that mean?” I ask. Shipped?

“You’ve got a couples name. Eliam.  Whenever there’s a rumor that someone is dating, the names will pop up.”

“No! It wasn’t a date!” I protest. “Irish and Curls were there also!”

“I never said the paps were smart…” she says with a shrug. “Just ignore it. The rumors will fade eventually.”

“But I don’t go on dates! Ever! God, people are so stupid,” I rant. “And are they going to completely ignore the fact that he’s already seeing someone?”

“Yes.” she says instantly. “There are quite a few people who don’t respect that kind of thing. They think there’s some big conspiracy where there isn’t one.”

“What’s going on?” a tired Shorty asks, emerging from their room.

“Just some stupid rumors,” Lauren explains as he comes to sit beside her. He gives a nod as he picks up the paper, smirking as he reads the article.

“Is it bad that I’d rather you two date than him and Melissa?” he jokes. I glare at them both as Lauren starts laughing and nodding her head in agreement. He was the last person I’d date. I didn’t even like him. With his two-facedeness. One minute nice, the other accusing me of sleeping around. Not that it was any of his business anyways.

“Does he know?” Shorty asks as a high pitched scream echoes through the wall.

“Well he does now,”I wince, rubbing my ears. The Princess obviously had just seen the cover. She wouldn’t be happy. Although who knows. It would pull her more into the spotlight if she played the victim of a cheating scandal.

“Heard you met Ed last night,” Lauren says. “How was that?”

“Hmm oh it was fine,” I say with a shrug at the change of subject. “He’s a chill guy.”

“Yea, he’s great. We always hang out when I’m in London,” Lauren says with a smile.

“Then why didn’t you two come last night?”

“We’re hanging out today actually so.” she shrugs.

“Cool well I’m going to go get some breakfast. You guys want to come?” I ask, glancing one last time at the cover photo.

“Nah, we’re going to stay in a bit longer.” Lauren answers. I give a nod, leaving the room and heading to where they had a special set up for the crew. The boys couldn’t eat down in the hotel restaurant  because of the scene it’d cause so they had a buffet set up in one of the rooms.

“Wow you’re up early,” I comment when I see Cheekbones already there.

“Em’s in Japan,” he explains with a yawn. I  nod my head in understanding. I should’ve known that was the only way he’d be up. With the time difference, it might be the only time they could talk. Sure enough, his phone rings seconds later, not even finishing the first ring before he’s answered and walked off to the side. I load my plate with food and take a seat on an empty couch. There were a couple crew loitering about, but none that I’d ever really talked to. More people file in, but I keep to myself as I eat my breakfast. Eventually Cheekbones slides onto the couch next to me.