"Punches." - Thirty-One

DATE: December 24, 2015

-

Pippa, Lin and Sebastian laid in bed, all cuddled together on this fine Christmas Eve morning. Even though the temperature outside was freezing, it was quite warm in the apartment.

"I've missed this," Lin muttered, kissing the top of Pippa's head. She nodded in agreement, but reluctantly sat up. "We have to get ready," she groaned, wanting to do nothing more than to just cuddle with her family.

Lin sighed and sat up as well, Sebastian quickly crawling on to his father's lap. "It's still dark outside."

Suddenly, a smile formed on Pippa's face. "I know. I just need to write something down."

He rolled his eyes, but continued nevertheless. "Why do you write like you're running out of time?"

Pippa leaned forward and placed a finger on his lips. "Shhh."

Lin wrapped his arms around Pippa and pulled her next to him gently. "Come back to bed, that would be enough."

"I'll be back before you know I'm gone."

"Come back to sleep," Lin mumbled, kissing the tip of Pippa's nose.

"This meeting's at dawn."

"Well, I'm going back to sleep." Lin picked Sebastian up from off his lap and laid back down, laying Sebby in front of him.

Pippa smiled and laid on her side, staring at him. "Hey." Lin looked over, grinning.

"Best of boyfriends and best of men," she giggled, planting a kiss on his cheek.

They spent the next 2 hours cuddling before they had to get up and get ready for work. Lin and Pippa dropped Sebastian off at the daycare, and snuck into the Richard Rodgers Theatre. They were surprised to see Anthony there, and a few of the cast members.

Lin awkwardly greeted Anthony, instantly stepping into his dressing room as Pippa went to hers. The glares that he was receiving from him made him uneasy.

   He was scrolling through his feed on Twitter when he heard a loud knock come from the door. Lin sighed softly and turned off his phone, getting up from the couch and walking over to the door. He opened it, revealing an angry looking Anthony. "Antho--"

   Lin was cut off by Anthony's fist making contact with his jaw. Hard. Lin stumbled back, feeling like his jaw was on fire. He didn't say anything, too in shock to do so.

   Anthony inspected his fist, his eyes narrowed. "You stupid fuck," he growled, winding his arm back to land another blow, which he did. Instead of Lin's jaw this time, it was his nose.

   Lin yelped out in pain, taking a few steps backward, beginning to bring his hands up to his nose, but stopped when Anthony pressed him onto the wall. "I thought we were friends, you asshole!" he hissed.

   Lin opened his mouth to reply, but no words came out.

   "Then you go ahead and fuck Jasmine," Anthony continued, barely able to contain his anger. "What the hell is wrong with you?!"

   Finally, Lin reacted. He pushed Anthony off of him, ignoring the blood that trickled down down the side of his nose. "I was drunk!" he growled, clenching his fists. "Don't you think I regret what happened that night?!"

   Anthony attempted to punch Lin again, but he quickly moved out of the way. "I didn't want to!"

"Yet you did!" Anthony yelled. He clenched his fists, trying his best not to lunge at Lin again. "I don't understand how Pippa forgave you so quickly."

   Lin glared at Anthony, his temper growing thin. "Maybe she didn't focus on being angry all the time."

   "What are you suggesting?"

   "I'm suggesting that you grow up!" Lin exclaimed, clearly irritated. "Only fools go out looking for a fight."

   Anthony took a swing at Lin, but he managed to block it. Lin aimed for Anthony's jaw, but ended up punching his lip instead. Just when he was about to take another swing, Pippa burst into the room. "Lin, I heard yelling I-" She was followed by Oak, Daveed, Leslie and Groff.

   Lin and Anthony froze, looking over at the door entrance. Pippa's eyes widened and she covered her mouth. "Lin!" she gasped, quickly running over to him. She grabbed his arm and led him out of the dressing room.

   "What the hell happened in here?" Groff asked, staring at Anthony, who was bleeding from a busted lip.

   "Nothing," Anthony muttered, attempting to push past them, put was stopped by Daveed. "It was obviously nothing," he said, crossing his arms.

   "Did you two get into a fight?" Leslie asked, his eyes wide. "Geez, Anthony, I know what he did was wrong, but you shouldn't have started a fight!"

   "Well who said I was the one who started the fight?!" Anthony yelled, glaring at all of them.

   "Just calm down, Ant," Oak spoke calmly, staring at Anthony. "We can talk it out."

   Anthony rolled his eyes. "Yeah, right, whatever." He pushed past them and walked out of the theater.

   "Great. He's gone," Groff muttered, shaking his head. "All this drama is tiring."

   Leslie, Daveed and Oak all nodded in agreement before going over to check up on Lin.

   Lin was seating in the Schuyler sister's dressing room, with Pippa tending to his wounds as Jasmine and Renee watched.

   "Que paso, mi amor?" Pippa asked softly as she dipped the cotton ball into hydrogen peroxide. She grimaced slightly as she very lightly pressed the wet end of the cotton ball on to the wound on Lin's nose, causing him to wince.

   "He just punched me out of no where," Lin muttered, trying his best to ignore the burning sensation of the hydrogen peroxide on his open wound.

   Pippa sighed and removed the now soaked in blood cotton ball, placing it down on the table. "I wish I could have been there to help..." She grabbed the wet paper towel and started wiping the blood off his face.

   Lin gave her a faint smile and shook his head. "It's fine, Pips. At least you're here now." His heart fluttered as a small smile crept on to her lips. He placed a hand on her cheek and gently stroked it.

   "It's my fault," Jasmine whispered to Renee, her eyes still locked on the couple. "Anthony was mad at him because of me."

   Renèe sighed and shook her head. "Stop blaming yourself for everything, Jaz. Anthony controls his own actions."

   Jasmine shrugged and turned her head to look at the door when Leslie, Groff, Oak and Daveed came in. "Where Anthony?" she asked the group, immediately noticing that Anthony wasn't with them.

   "He took off," Leslie answered, rubbing the back of his neck. She furrowed her eyebrows together and crossed her arms, thinking for a moment.

   "Guess all we can do now is hope that he won't do anything stupid," Daveed muttered, speaking for everyone in the room.

-

Hello hello hello! Look, I did a fight! :O
    Thank you for reading!
       - Danielle