"I love you." - Nine

-

    A few days later, an article was published under the title, 'A Coincidence? I Think Not.'

   It read:

      'Hamilton stars, Lin-Manuel Miranda (Alexander Hamilton) and Phillipa Soo (Elizabeth Schuyler Hamilton) are seen heading out of the same apartment building together for multiple days. Normally, this all would have been a coincidence that they just live in the same apartment building, but because of their recent scandal, I doubt that that's what's happening here.
      Ever since the exposure on Lin-Manuel Miranda and Phillipa Soo, they have been seen continuously together in New York. Some claim that they were holding hands, but we don't have any pictures of them doing so. Still, is it that hard to believe that they're together?'

   Sure, it was short, but it was popular. Lin and Pippa were trying hardest not to read any of the online or newspaper articles about them.

   On that very same day, Pippa walked into Lin's dressing room. Luckily, he was already in costume, and so was Pippa. He was slouched down on the couch, on his phone. He glanced up at Pippa, and instantly smiled. "Hey Pip!" he chirped happily. "What are you doing here?" he asked, getting up.

"Oh, nothing really, just wanted to spend a little extra time with my stage husband," she said jokingly.

Lin chuckled and walked over to her, grabbing her hands and holding them tightly. "I know that that's not the reason. Tell me what's bothering you."

Pippa felt her cheeks start to heat up and she looked away, clearing her throat. But before she got to say anything, someone burst through the door. It was Vanessa.

Lin let go of Pippa's hands and looked at Vanessa, his eyes widening. "Vanessa? What are you doing here?"

"I'm going on a trip to Florida for a few weeks to get away. I'm leaving Sebastian with you, and once I get back, we're getting the divorce papers," Vanessa stated, crossing her arms.

"How long are you going to be gone?" He felt his throat go dry at the mention of divorce papers.

"5 weeks."

"5 weeks?" Lin echoed, and Vanessa just nodded. "He's in daycare right now. I trust that you'll be able to pick him up after your last show?" she asked, her eyes narrowing slightly when she laid her eyes on Pippa.

Pippa shrank under her gaze and looked down at the floor.

Lin nodded slowly. "I will."

"Okay, good. See ya." Vanessa whipped around and walked out.

   Lin was looking down at the floor when he felt a pair of arms hug him from behind. "Don't worry," Pippa whispered, placing her cheek on his back. "We'll get through this."

   Strangely, Lin believed her. It wasn't because he sort-of-kind-of liked her, or because she always cheers him up. It was because she was strong. He admired that about her. He turned around to face Pippa and hugged her tightly. "I love you," he whispered, blushing lightly.

   Pippa's cheeks turned red and she nodded. "I love you too," she responded softly.

   But of course, Lin thought that Pippa meant as a friend, and Pippa thought the same thing. But in reality, it meant so much more than that.

-

Sorry that this chapter was a little bit late and a little bit short, but I just had the biggest writer's block ever. I had another idea, but I didn't like it, so I ended up deleting it all. So I woke up at 6:00 AM today to try and figure out what I'm going to write lol