"Pepperoni or Cheese?" - Six

-

Could it be that Pippa was falling in love with Lin?

Could it be? Pippa kept on asking herself, constantly zoning out as Lin drove.

Pippa had felt that same spark with Steven that she was feeling with Lin now, but with Lin, it was much, much stronger. The way that their hands seemed to be the perfect size for each other...

She snapped back to reality when she heard Lin's voice. "Hey Pip, you okay?" he asked her, a trail of concern in his voice.

Pippa nodded, forcing a smile on to her face. "As good as I can be," she replied. But in reality, she wasn't okay. Should she be glad that Steven was no longer interested in seeing her? No. I love Steven. No one else. Right?

Her eyes trailed over to Lin, focused on the road. A real genuine smile formed on her face. Wrong.

What am I saying? Pippa just shook all the thoughts off and sighed. They had just parked, and Lin was turning off the engine. "Are you sure that you're fine with me moving in for a little bit?" he asked her again, looking at Pippa.

Pippa nodded, making eye contact with Lin. She felt her cheeks heating up. His eyes seemed so loving and lively, even after everything that had happened. She had started leaning in without her even noticing, but she caught herself before she was too close.

Lin gave her a small smile and got out of the car, leaving Pippa in the car, shaking her head. "Get yourself together, Pippa!" she told herself, taking deep breaths. But all she could think about were Lin's lips. Lin's precious, soft lips. All she wanted to do was kiss them.

Pippa slapped herself. "No! Pip, listen to yourself! He's your stage husband, not your actual husband! Get it together!" But she had to admit, she was feeling helpless. Oh god no...

She reluctantly got out of the car and she saw Lin carrying two boxes. Pippa couldn't help but chuckle and she picked up the box that was on top, blocking his view. "You can't exactly walk with a box in your face, now can you?" she asked Lin teasingly.

Lin smiled sheepishly and shrugged. "I guess not," he said as he followed Pippa inside the building and into the elevator. Pippa pressed the 3rd floor button and waited. Once they were on the third floor, they stepped out and Pippa led the way over to her apartment. She swung the door open and set the box down on her living room, watching Lin do the same.

"Nice apartment," Lin pointed out, smiling. There was a small twinkle in his eye, but Pippa didn't notice it. She was looking around, the apartment seeming more empty than ever now that Steven's stuff was gone.

   Lin noticed how Pippa was zoning out again. He walked over and placed a hand on her shoulder, making her jump slightly. "Hey... you're going to be fine, okay?"

   Pippa nodded and smiled slightly. "Let's go get the rest of your boxes."

"Are you sure, Pip?" Lin asked again, placing his hands on her shoulders, his thumbs rubbing her neck slightly. He felt a small spark. Chemistry.

The sudden contact made Pippa shiver. She just nodded and turned towards the door, walking out, acting like nothing had happened.

   Lin followed her out, a small smile forming on his face as he did so. About 1 1/2 hours passed before they managed to get all of the boxes upstairs. Pippa plopped down on the couch, exhausted. "Geez Lin, how many things do you have?" she gasped, running a hand through her hair.

He chuckled and slumped down next to her, shrugging. "I swear it just looks like a lot," he joked.

"You're damn right about that!" Pippa giggled and raised her legs on to the couch, grabbing the remote and turning the TV on, starting to channel surf, looking for something good to watch.

Lin took his phone out and started scrolling through his social media, wrinkling his nose when he saw that a bunch of his fans had tweeted at him about the incident with Pippa, a lot of them asking what really happened, some asking how long they've been together, and a few extremely mad at the two. He responded to a few:

-

@hamilhammyham: U and Pippa? I thought u two were only together on stage? @lin_manuel Explain o.o

@Lin_Manuel: @hamilhammyham Pippa and I aren't together i swear

-

@JeffmadsSsMad: You two have always been my OTP yesss <3 #LippaForever @Lin_Manuel

@Lin_Manuel: But we aren't together

-

He sighed and turned his phone off, putting it back into his pocket. "I suggest that you don't check Twitter. Or Instagram. Or any social media that you have." He closed his eyes and groaned.

Pippa blew a raspberry. "Because of the news?" she questioned, starting to frown.

   "Because of the news," Lin sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Damn, what are we gonna do?"

   Pippa scooted over and leaned her head on Lin's shoulder. "I have no idea."

   They stayed like that for quiet a while, sometimes exchanging words as they watched TV, but for the most part, they said nothing.

   "Wanna order some pizza?" Pippa asked out of the blue, taking out her phone.

   Lin nodded and glanced over. "Pepperoni or cheese?"

"Cheese, of course!" Pippa said matter-of-factly and Lin gasped. "Cheese?" he exclaimed, pretending to act surprised. "I wanted pepperoni!"

"Then we can order half and half," Pippa giggled as she opened Pizza Hut's contact.

"Wow, you have Pizza Hut on speed dial?" Lin chuckled, shaking his head.

She nodded and started calling, a small smile forming on her face as she felt Lin grab her hand and interlock their fingers.