"Family." - Ten

-

   Lin walked into the daycare, followed by Pippa. He was a little bit late, but was able to pick Sebastian up. When Sebastian saw him, his eyes widened and he tried running over as fast as he could. "Daddy!" he squealed.

   He laughed and nodded, bending on one knee to get to Sebastian's level. Lin embraced his son tightly. "Mi hijo, god I've missed you so much," he muttered.

   Sebastian started saying gibberish, a sign that he was happy. Lin picked him up and walked back to Pippa. "You ready to go home, little guy?"

   The 2-year-old nodded and stared at Pippa. "Pretty!" he gasped.

   Pippa chuckled and looked down, embarrassed. "Thank you, Sebby."

   "You're right, she is pretty, isn't she?" Lin cooed, staring at Pippa with a small twinkle in his eyes.

   She felt her cheeks heat up and she giggled nervously, tucking a stray strand of hair behind her ear.

"Where's Mommy?" Sebby asked, looking around to see if he could try and spot Vanessa.

"Um, mommy's not here right now. She won't be around for a few weeks. But you have Pippa now!" Lin exclaimed, grinning.

"Pippa?" he asked, confused.

"That's me," she chuckled, looking back up at Sebastian and Lin.

"Oh! The pretty lady! Yay!" Sebastian giggled and laid his head on Lin's chest happily.

"Alright buddy, let's go home!"

Lin set Sebastian down on the carpeted floor and watched as he ran around the living room, taking everything in.

"He's so bubbly," Pippa said to Lin, smiling as she crossed her arms.

"He's always been like that," he responded, looking rather proud.

"He takes after his father."

"Extremely smart, handsome and loveable?" Lin wondered out loud, looking at Pippa and arched an eyebrow jokingly.

"Actually, yeah," she cooed, looking down and starting to twiddle with her thumbs.

Lin laughed and put his arm around Pippa's shoulders, leading her to the couch and sitting down. "Sebastian, wanna watch some Chuggington?"

Sebastian looked up from his toy train and nodded, scurrying over. He crawled on to Lin's lap. "Yeah!!"

Pippa chuckled and switched channels, trying to find Chuggington. Finally, she did. She leaned her head on Lin's shoulder and let out a small sigh.

   This felt like family. Real family.

   Lin put his arms around Pippa again and smiled contently. This is what he always wanted, and everything he'd ever want. A nice, loving family together. And he finally had that.

   At least for now.

-

This chapter was so short and I didn't like it at all. I promise that Monday's chapter will be longer!