"Parties." - Twenty-Three

Author's Note IMPORTANT

So, let's get some things straight. In chapter 8, I mentioned that it was November, but that wouldn't work with the timeline, seeing that it has been a few months since Lin and Pippa started dating, and I haven't said anything about Christmas/Hanukkah, or New Years. Last chapter, the 'tweet' was made in November. It's now December, meaning that it's been about a month and a half since Lin and Pippa found out about her pregnancy.

Due to this small inconvenience, Lin and Pippa started dating in June, meaning that they've only been seeing each other for about 6 months. Damn Lin, you really don't wait for it, do you?

Also, another thing, Jasmine has a crush on Lin, like, a GIANT crush, but Lin only has eyes for Pippa. Anthony is completely oblivious to Jasmine's feelings for Lin.

Time skip a bit, Lin is now divorced and has full custody of Sebastian. I got too lazy to do the case, so yeah.

DATE: DECEMBER 20, 2015

-

   "Come on, babe, you have to come," Lin pleaded, grabbing his girlfriend's hand.

   Anthony was having this giant Christmas party that night, even if it was a few days off of Christmas. There was going to be alcohol- a lot of alcohol- and food, music, etc. Sebastian had been left with Lin's parents for the weekend, and Pippa wasn't quite in the mood to go to this giant party where 9/10 of the people there would be drunk.

   She wouldn't have minded if she wasn't pregnant, but alas, she was. And that's what led Lin and Pippa to this situation. Lin was trying his best to convince Pippa to go, assuring her that he wasn't going to drink. Which was not true. And Pippa knew this.

   "I don't want to go," she stated simply, crossing her arms and sighing. "Everyone's going to be drinking and everything."

   "Hey, at least you'll be spared the terrible hungover that comes after too many drinks," Lin chirped, chuckling softly. "And plus, you can laugh at everyone as they stumble and try to make their way across the room."

   Pippa rolled her eyes and bit her bottom lip. She reached up and placed a hand on his cheek, rubbing it lightly with her thumb. "Lin, baby, you know I love you, and I..." She trailed off when she saw the puppy dog eyes he was making at her. Reluctantly, she let out a sigh of defeat. "Fine.."

   Instantly, Lin's eyes lit up. "Really? You'll go?" he asked, making sure that he didn't get the wrong message.

   She nodded and turned around, walking into their room. "Yes, fine, I'll go," she mumbled as he followed her. "I just need to find something to wear and touch up my make up..."

   Lin rolled her eyes, watching her scan her closet. "You don't need to change anything, you look good enough."

   Pippa stopped dead on her tracks and turned around to look at him, her eyes wide and a smile on her face, threatening to turn into a grin. "So you're saying that I can wear this?" She ran her hand down her side and on to her thighs. She was wearing sweatpants and a baggy long sleeve shirt. Pippa looked like she had just woken up, but to Lin, she looked absolutely beautiful and sexy.

   He nodded eagerly as his eyes trailed down her body, a slight trace of lust in his brown eyes as he did so.

   She forced back a laugh and shook her head, turning around so that her back was facing him again. "Not a chance," she chuckled, continuing to look through her closet.

   Lin groaned and sat down on their bed, bored out of his mind already. He checked the time on his phone.

   7:56 PM

   "Pips, the party starts in 2 hours," he grumbled, running a hand through his hair.

   "Which is precisely why I'm taking my time," Pippa stated softly, only half of her attention on Lin. She picked out a short white dress that wouldn't be too tight, yet compliment her figure nicely. It stopped at right about mid-thigh, which she thought was fine. Still holding the dress, she turned towards Lin, wiggling her eyebrows playfully, but only to be disappointed that he was typing on his phone. Twitter, she assumed.

   Pippa cleared her throat, tapping her foot on the carpeted floor just as Lin looked up from his phone. His eyes widened when he saw the dress. "You're gonna wear that?" he asked.

   She nodded, her eyes flickering from the dress and then to him. "Is something wrong with it..?"

   Lin quickly shook his head and got up from the bed. "No, not at all. I just think that you might be attracting some drunk male eyes..." He chuckled and walked over to her, kissing her forehead as she started blushing.

   Pippa rolled her eyes and chuckled. "Sure, I guess you could say that," she said teasingly, poking his nose. She started to slide off her shirt as Lin turned around and walked back on to the bed. As much as he would have loved to watch his girlfriend dress, he didn't want to be that kind of boyfriend.

   Lin was busy flicking through Twitter when he heard Pippa grunt. He looked up from his phone only to see Pippa trying desperately to zip the dress up. He laughed and watched, amused. "This is something I would pay to watch!" he exclaimed playfully.

   Pippa rolled her eyes and stared at him expectingly. "Well, don't just sit there! Come and help me!"

   He smiled and stood up, making his way to the Pippa in despair. She turned around and collected her hair, moved it over her shoulder so that he could zip the dress up. Pippa shuddered slightly at his touch as he teasingly trailed his finger down her exposed back. After a second or so of teasing, he finally grabbed the zipper and pulled it up. "There you go."

   Pippa turned back to him and kissed him tenderly, smiling. "Thanks babe," she cooed before leaving the room to go into the bathroom.

   Lin watched her leave, smiling contently. God, he was lucky to have found Phillipa Soo to play his Eliza- and to be his girlfriend. That's when he silently made a vow to never hurt her intentionally. All he wanted was for her to smile. And that's all he intended to do.

-

Next chapter is going to hurt me so much, omg 😩😭 You're all going to hate me, oh god... 😂
         Thanks for reading!
                  - Danielle