"Cupcakes." - Twenty

-

   Pippa hummed to herself softly as she finished up the cupcakes, placing small edible decorations on the frosting. She stepped back to take a first 'real' look at the treats that she had made.

   They looked amazing. And delicious.

   Luckily she wasn't craving cupcakes at the moment, so she just turned around to walk back into their room. It had been about 2 hours and a half since she had let Lin and Sebastian sleep. She tip-toed over to where she had hidden the box and pregnancy test, grabbing it and swiftly making her way out, but not before quickly glancing at Lin.

Pippa sat down in the living room and started wrapping the box, a grin on her face. She paused for a moment, sighing softly. She knew that this baby would change everything, but that didn't mean that she didn't need to love him or her. Once she was done wrapping the box up, she went back into the kitchen and grabbed a few plates and put the cup cakes on them. Pippa brought the plates over to the dining table and set them down before starting to clean up the kitchen. She wanted this moment to be perfect.

So, after she finished cleaning the kitchen, 45 minutes had passed, and Lin stumbled out of the room, yawning. He saw Pippa by the kitchen, with her back faced towards him. Not noticing the cupcakes, he went over and wrapping his arms around her waist and pulled her into a hug from behind.

Pippa giggled and turned around to face him. She kissed his cheek lovingly. "Good morning Lin~" she cooed, poking his nose.

"Morning Phillipa Soo Miranda," he teased as she rolled her eyes when he added his last name. And that's when he noticed the cupcakes. "Did you make those?" Lin asked, raising an eyebrow.

   Pippa's chest swelled with joy and butterflies as she nodded, watching him walk over. She grabbed the 'gift,' that was really the box with the pregnancy test in it, as she followed him.

   "What's all this for?" he inquired, laughing a bit. Lin looked over at her as she handed him the gift. He looked down at it and then up at Pippa.

   "Open it," Pippa said, barely able to contain her excitement.

Lin very slowly ripped the wrapping paper, which only made Pippa even more excited to see his reaction. Her face flickered from the box to his face.

Once he had all the wrapping paper off, he opened the box. His eyes widened and he almost dropped it. Lin took out the pregnancy test from the box and stared at it for a moment or two before looking at Pippa, who was beaming. "Pippa..."

And that's when he got emotional.

He started tearing up and put the box and pregnancy test down, bringing her into a tight hug. "Oh my god," he gasped, closing his eyes tightly as he held her.

Pippa wrapped her arms around his waist and buried her head into his shoulder, a giant grin on her face. "We're going to have a baby, Lin," she whispered, not pulling away.

"We're going to have a baby," he echoed, on cloud 9. This was everything he had ever wanted, and everything he will ever want. Lin held her for a few minutes before he finally pulled away. A few tears spiraled down his cheek and hung on his chin. Pippa wiped his tears away and smiled, sniffling slightly. "Baby, don't cry," she chuckled, shaking her head.

"Sorry," Lin muttered, rubbing his neck awkwardly before snapping back into happiness. He moved his hand down to Pippa's flat belly and rubbed it gently, which made Pippa's heart flutter. He kneeled down and gently kissed it. "Hey little guy, it's papi," he whispered, a smile creeping on to his lips. That's when he looked up at Pippa, his eyes glistening playfully. "How long have you known?" he half-sang.