"The Lock." - Thirteen

-

   Lin stepped into the daycare, his eyes quickly scanning the room that was filled with toys of all sorts of colors. He finally spotted his son playing with a girl about his age. Sebby was playing with a dragon, and the girl was playing with a princess. Surprisingly, he wasn't running away from her because he thought that she had 'cooties.'

  Sebastian glanced over and saw his dad. He dropped the dragon and said bye to the girl, who watched sadly as Sebby ran over to his dad and hugged his leg tightly. "Papi!" he gasped, his eyes twinkling.

Lin chuckled and picked Sebastian up. "Hey Sebby!" he cooed.

After they had hugged, Sebastian was searching the room, confused. "Where's Pippa?" he wondered out loud.

   "She's waiting for us at home, buddy," Lin answered as they walked out. "Say... Who was that girl you were playing with?"

   Suddenly, Sebastian's chubby cheeks turned light red. "Her name is Julia," he replied quietly, burying his head in Lin's chest, ashamed.

Lin noticed Sebby's reaction and started laughing. "Does my little Sebby have a crush?" he teased as they walked to his car.

He quickly put his fingers on his father's lips. "Shhh, don't tell Mommy!" he exclaimed, his eyes wide.

"Alright, alright, I won't tell Mommy," he responded, his heart aching slightly as he thought of Vanessa. Placing Sebastian in his car seat and buckling him up before going in to the drivers seat, he started the car. "But do you want me to tell Pippa?"

He shrugged, his cheeks still a bright red. "I dunno," he muttered.

Lin smiled and started driving. They got home maybe 10 minutes later. Once he parked, he took Sebastian out and started walking into the apartment. To be truthful, he wasn't exactly looking for an apartment right now, like he said he was. He just really wanted to enjoy the time he was spending with Pippa, on and off stage.

He placed the key in the keyhole and turned it before opening the door. "Oh, honey, we're home!" Lin called into the apartment playfully, putting Sebastian down.

Pippa was in the kitchen, mixing some cake batter. She turned around and decided to go alone with it and giggled. "Oh! Honey!" she exclaimed over dramatically. She hurried over to him and hugged him tightly before placing a kiss on his cheek, causing him to chuckle. She picked Sebastian up and showered him with kisses. "I didn't forget about you, buddy!"

Sebastian started giggling and was trying to turn his face away. "Noooo!" he shrieked, but a giant grin was on his face. "Mommy, no!"

Pippa froze when she heard him call her mommy. "Mommy?" she inquired, stopping and raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, mommy!"

Lin obviously didn't mind. Instead, he wore this giant smile on his face, which instantly made Pippa's heart flutter. She just smile and started tickling Sebastian.

   Sebastian started giggling uncontrollably and tried getting out of Pippa's grasp, shrieking and pleading for her to stop through laughs.

After a few more seconds, she stopped and set Sebastian down, who's face was red from all the laughter. Suddenly, Pippa felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist from behind. Lin placed his head on her shoulder and smiled as Pippa melted in his embrace. He placed a kiss on her cheek and sighed contently.

Pippa turned around to face him, her dark eyes twinkling. Lin found himself lost in them, and quickly snapped back to reality when he felt her lips on his. He happily responded by leaning in and deepening the kiss slightly, smiling.

The kiss was slowly turning into a make out session when they both heard the lock click. Sebastian had run into Lin and Pippa's room to play with his toys. They both reluctantly pulled away and Lin turned his head to see what had just clicked.

The door swung open, and there stood Steven, staring at Lin and Pippa as they held each other.

-

Thanks for reading! And I just had to introduce my friend Julia in the story, she wanted to be in it 😂
- Danielle