Chapter 11: Confirmation

Clara Bell's POV

Oh, God! She found out. She saw the news!

I frantically paced back and forth across the room. My heart was racing rapidly like a car on the racing circuit.

I didn't notice Alex's presence until he got closer, and his scent hung in the air, taunting my poor nostril. I suddenly jerked upright and glared down at him. My chest felt like it's going to explode, my temper barely unconcealable. I could literally feel the smokes puffing out of every hole of my body as I tried to stave off my temper. My whole body tensed from the overwhelming frustrations building up within me.

"This is your fault!" I seethed, my hands involuntarily dug in my hips as I squared my shoulders. A headache starting to grow.

His eyebrows darted together, his face filled with confusion, though his body was still relaxed.

He didn't say anything, confusion was written all over his handsome face. "Apparently, someone caught you in your boxers in front of my building, and it's in the news," I said, clearing out his confusion. His face still neutral. Utterly relaxed to which it only ignited my temper. Sharpening my eyes at him, "Now the whole world knows about it," I snapped, huffing, my hands cut through the air then dug to my waist.

I drew in a long sharp breath, trying to calm myself.

"Why are you so wired up?" he asked as he lurched past me.

"Excuse me!" I snapped, swiveling hastily and followed him.  He winded his way around the table, then sat comfortably on the couch.

How could he?

This is a serious matter! What would Claire think of me? I am her best friend, and here I am, tolerating her boyfriend or ex, whatever, his actions.

Whatever I heard about her, it's not enough reason for me to hate her or treat her the way Alex and some of the people I know. She doesn't deserve this treatment after being a good friend to me. She did nothing to me but goodness.

How can I betray her?

I stared at Alex incredulously. My face hard and my heartbeat picked up speed. I badly want to throttle him. "Why Am I so wired up?" I hissed, teeth grounded. He just stared at me in utter amusement.

He found this funny? I can't believe it!

After all, what I've heard, I planned on talking to her as soon as I see her.

"Are you serious? Claire doesn't need to know through someone...or through the media. I planned to talk to her about it, but now..." I drew in a harsh breath and paused, forcing to keep a tight reign of my anger. "Oh, God!..." I inhaled sharply. My hand unconsciously brushed my hair back with force, then tucked it behind my ears.

I shook my head, gaze swept around the room, negative thoughts racing through my head. "She's gonna hate me," I mumbled to myself as my fingers brushed away the hairs that are tickling my cheek.

He mumbled incoherent words under his breath.

I sent him a glare that layered with contempt. He just stared at me not the least bit scared. His gaze was intense, dark eyes filled with dark passion.

I quickly looked away. I didn't entertain the sudden rushed of heat through me.

I stared obliviously at the green indoor plants on one corner.

And then paced across the room, occasionally letting out a huffing sigh as I thought about calling her now or just wait till I get back to New York and talk to her personally.