Chapter 27: Frantic

Clara Bell's POV

"Sir, there's two police officers waiting outside looking for Ms. Clara Bell."

I stiffened.

...looking for Clara Bell...

....looking for Clara Bell...

The words kept ringing in my head and my heart dropped. And then unanticipated rocks hurled and knock me out of my mind.

My eyes flew to Mrs. Samson, an average height lean woman with my eyes as big as the buttons on her button down v-neck black dress, heart pounding like thunder in my ears. My whole body froze to my seat, whole system reeling on the words that came out of her mouth like needles poking on my brain.

Dragging sound of the chair next to me snapped me out of my losing mind.

"Dad is in the library, Esther. Can you please inform him we have visitors," GP instructed her and she nodded her head before turning on her heel heading back to the mansion.

"Lucas, call your friend Hunter..." GP's voice receding from my hearing path, mind reeling back to Esther's news.

There's two police authorities looking for Ms. Clara Bell.

I was mindlessly staring into space, staring through the men who was arguing who's taking over the situation, but their voices was just a blur to my ears.  All I hear was the pounding of my heart, their words just passing through my ears like wind, I can hear it but I can't understand it.

Brittany's words rang in my head. "Yes. I just got questioned today. You're name is on the list you know?"

I didn't take it seriously when she told me over the phone.

That post Claire on Twitter took all my interest.

Claire?

I was visibly shaking. Hands absentmindedly curled tightly into a ball on my lap.

"Clara Bell?" I heard my name but I didn't look up. I was still staring into oblivion, mind racing. Even when I felt Alex's hands gently rubbing my shoulders, all my senses is lost, somewhere in the past.

Claire! My head screamed.

"It was Claire who puts the watch in her stuff. It was a set up. That bitch lied to me."  Tabitha's confession rang in my ears.

My whole body tensed up as anger rose within me. Hands curled into a ball, I shot up and faced the three men.

"Alex, take Clara Bell in the library, I'll find a way to stall the cops while GP makes a call," Lucas told Alex.

Ignoring his command. I stared at Alex. Teeth clamped. His eyebrows drew together, a few lines under his eyes. Holding his gaze I spoke. "This is a set up!" I gritted, anger rising each passing second. I felt the Santorini's eyes bored into me. I dragged my eyes away from Alex and met GP's and Lucas' eyes. Shifting my eyes back and forth at them. They both has this curious look on their faces.

My heart pounded harder and harder like a bomb about to explode out of anger. I stood up stiffly. The three was staring at me, all eyes filled with curiosity except Alex who was staring at me with fear on those orbs. He knows who am I talking about. I know he knows a lot more than me.

"Who?" GP inquired causing me to take my eyes away from Alex and met his.

Alex beat me to it. "Claire," Alex replied with barely suppressed anger.

Just hearing her name, it made my blood boil. I had never felt this intense anger before.

"Piece of shit/Son of a bitch!" GP and Lucas bit out scathingly in unison.