Chapter 42: Happiness

Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open.

— John Barrymore

Today was the happiest day of my life

Today was the happiest day of my life. Going to bed late last night with our limbs intertwined, then waking up with her on my arms, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

It was hard to leave her alone, so innocent like an angel on the bed but I need to get the ring.

So here I am now.

"These are the rarest and latest engagement rings we have?" the staff of the jewelry store said as he set down the black velvety ring display tray.

The manager of the Royal Jewelry store assisted me with two other staffs. A tall, copper haired man at the age of 50's sat across me, a deep brown mahogany table in between us.

A few diamonds rings with different colours laid on the rectangular ring display holder, on a cushioned black box and they all look lovely, but the deepest blue diamond stone caught my eyes.

Mr. Hobs took one of the diamond ring and the bright light inside the small guest room hit the blue diamond and it glinted beautifully.

I guess he saw me staring at the blue diamond the moment he laid it down on the table in front of me.

"This is a 10 carat, fancy deep blue, cushion-cut diamond on a platinum band," he explained and my eyes couldn't resist the stunning ring. A huge vivid oval blue with a design of a split shank platinum band set with rows of baguette cut diamonds.

It will definitely look beautiful on her dainty finger. A perfect ring for my perfect future wife.

The thought of calling her as my wife brought a reeling sensation in the pit of my stomach.

"With your experience and knowledge, which is better, gold or platinum?" I asked. Needing a second opinion as the rose gold band caught my interest. I thought the color will enhance the beauty of the fancy deep blue stone, reminds me of Clara's eyes.

"Depends of the user, Sir..." Mr Hobs slides it back the ring into the black velvet ring display box. "With my knowledge, Platinum is always more valuable than gold and low maintenance, than gold," he explained.

"Because platinum has higher densities and purities than gold and it's hypoallergenic. But gold is denser than platinum so it is lighter to wear. There's always a cons and pros on both..." he added on.

I know platinum is a rare metal. And it's expensive than gold and I know it will cost more than gold overtime.

And I have to wait if ever I commission Tiffany to reset the ring into gold, and I have no time for that.

"How long does it takes to engrave a message?" I asked once again.

I want it to be personalized.

Mr. Hobs smiled.