CHAPTER 34- BACK IN PARIS

Mahdia stared at him for few seconds before dashing back inside startling everyone. She smiled and rushed into the washroom. She looked at her attire in the mirror. She wasn't prepared for this but she was decently dressed – floral spaghetti strap floral top and white Capri matched with white sneakers. She washed her face, looking at her reflection she took deep breaths to calm her hyperventilation. She left the washroom only when she felt calmer.

She walked out of the workstation, now Ahyan had placed his newspaper and then glanced at his watch and then at his mobile. She exhaled loudly and walked towards him.

She stood in front of him fidgeting with her fingers, she cleared her throat and Ahyan looked up from his mobile. Ahyan smiled at her and as always Mahdia felt her heart skip a beat. In these two weeks, nothing, nothing changed. Mahdia had missed him so much. There was not a single day she hadn't missed him, not a single night she had cried praying he comes back. These two weeks was excruciatingly painful for her but she is glad the nightmare is over and her Ahyan is back.

'May I have a minute with you?' he asked

A minute? you have my whole lifetime, Mahdia thought but she nodded, 'Sure.' She gestured towards the main door. Ahyan let her lead him outside.

'Mahdia, I need your help.' He said after a while of standing simply, awkwardly. Mahdia looked up at him surprised, this was not that she had expected him to talk. Looking at him she knew there was more he wanted to say.

Ahyan looked hopefully at Mahdia when she nodded he went on, 'I am here for finalizing my hotel, we also have a deal and so you have to be involved too. Also, you know the place. So, can you help me with setting up my business?' he asked her.

Mahdia is even more confused, why is he involving her in his business. She looked doubtful but then gave a thoughtful nod. Ahyan exhaled relieved.

**********************************************************

7.30pm,

Mahdia with help of Alex closed the shutter of her café. Alex gave a smile to Mahdia and she smiled back. They exchanged their goodbyes and Alex walked away. As Mahdia turned a car stopped beside her. The window rolled down and Ahyan poked his head out. He smiled at her, she smiled back.

'Come, I will show you the property that will be my hotel. Choose your corner.' He said as Mahdia sat beside him in the back of the cab. Mahdia nodded.

The journey was a silent one with them stealing glances at each other. At one point Mahdia eyed his palm that was placed on the seat, she had a crazy urge to place her palm over his but resisted, instead she clasped her palms together tightly. She turned her head and looked out from the window.

*******************************************

Mahdia is awe stuck looking at the tall apartment hotel, it is in one of the posh areas of Paris. It must have cost Ahyan so much, Mahdia is impressed, Ahyan is really rich, richer than she thought.

'It will have free WIFI also.' Ahyan startled her. Mahdia looked at him. He gestured to come in.

'WOW!' Mahdia's voice echoed in the huge, dark lobby.

'It is little dark, we could come early someday.' He said and Mahdia nodded.

'There are total 10 floors. Once this hotel kicks in, I will shift to a bigger and better place' he said placing his hands on his hips and looking around. Mahdia doesn't know what bigger and better place could be, for her this itself is bigger and better.

Mahdia watched with a smile as Ahyan showed her the places, 'Here will be a bar and here....'

He held Mahdia's hand and took her to a spot where he said excitedly will be her café. Mahdia had never seen Ahyan so excited before, it felt like he too had a life. She couldn't focus on what he is talking, she just admired him still not able to believe he is here, in real. He stopped talking when he noticed Mahdia wasn't paying attention to him. He frowned. She shook her head and walked little, 'This place will be decent for my café, but there will be no cooking here. I will have my goods shipped.'

'We will pay extra for shipping.' Ahyan assured her, he stood beside her. She turned her head

'Initially yes, but then I will manage.' She smiled.

'You like being independent?' he asked, his right eye-browed raised. Mahdia nodded, Ahyan could feel pride in her nod.

'After my brother's death, I have managed everything alone. Be it the café, Mariam and her school, Mom and her medicines...everything.' Ahyan noticed her smile fade and a sad expression overtaking her. She is looking front, 'Sometimes,' she sighed, 'sometimes I wish I could just f*** everything and just go somewhere, somewhere far away from where I can just kick back and relax.'

Ahyan for the first time noticed the disturbed girl behind a happy, cheery, and clumsy girl. He felt bad for her.

'Come.' Ahyan held her hand. Mahdia is surprised, 'Where?' she asked as he tugged her hand taking her towards the exit.

'Eiffel Tower,' Ahyan turned to look at her, 'I missed it a lot.' He winked at her. Mahdia didn't protest, she let him take her.

*********************************************

It is night time and the Eiffel tower is beautifully lit, Ahyan and Mahdia stood by each other. He looked at her, she still seemed little off. He extended his hand, feeling his touch Mahdia turned her head and flashed a smile, a smile that didn't reach her eyes.

'You fine?' he asked. She nodded

'Please don't get me wrong, it isn't because of you I am upset. It is just I get little emotional when I think of my brother.' She said looking back at the tower.

Ahyan squeezed her palm and she looked at him again, 'Mahdia, there is another important reason I am here.' He said

'Hmmm...' she nodded.

'You!'

****************************************************

How was the Chapter, guys? Do let me know your opinion in the comments....

That's all for today guys, Next Chapter tomorrow