Chapter Twenty

Joanne Belle Kameron

"I helped you cancel your tour dates on your website," I told Brandon.

  After a few more days in the hospital, Brandon was discharged. Of course, he had to wear a disguised in order to get out of the hospital.

  The doctor had said that he didn't want Brandon to be doing any concerts for the time being so I had to put off my work as a waitress to take care of him.

  Not that I was complaining though. I mean - which Murphy fan would complain because they have to stop getting money to help Brandon? NOT ME!

  "Are you feeling better now?"I asked after he swallowed his aspirin tablet with a glass of water.

  "Yeah. Thanks, Joanne," he said, giving me a smile.

  "Remember - you have to eat your medicine later after breakfast, " I reminded him. Yesterday after dinner, he had pretended to eat his medicine.

  He pretended to pout. "Okay."

"Okay. Do you want toast?" I asked. I was in the kitchen, wearing a dark blue low cut shirt with a striped tank top underneath, shorts and my hair was tied back into a loose ponytail.

  Brandon, on the other hand, was all sleepy and was still wearing his pajamas. "Sure. Do I get coffee or tea?"

  I popped two slices of bread into the toaster and sighed. I opened the fridge and peered inside. "You're getting milk. No coffee or tea for you until you're better," I insisted, taking the carton of milk.

  "Can't I at least have apple juice?" he whined, hugging his pillow.

  "Fine," I replied, putting the carton of milk back into the fridge and taking out the bottle of apple juice.

  We sat down on the wooden chairs and ate breakfast in silence. The only sound heard was the toast crunching in our mouths.

  "So, uh, thanks for taking care of me," Brandon said, breaking the ice.

  "About the sentence you said in the hospital . . ." I began.

  "I did mean it, Joanne," he said in a voice that was barely audible. But since I was sitting near him, I heard him.

  "I also did mean what I said," I whispered, looking down on my toast..

  He looked up at me, his eyes glowing. "Really?"

  I smiled. "Really. But what about the contract?"

  His smile dropped. "I was kinda hoping we could cancel the contract together," he admitted.

  "Sure," I replied.

  He looked up in surprise. "Really?"

  "Yeah," I nodded. "I'll talk to her tomorrow."