Chapter Fourty Four

Brandon Drake Murphy

When I awoke, I looked around for Joanne. But she wasn't there. I started to panic but I saw this green Post-It note sticking onto the shoe box from Flippa Flops.

Dear Brandon:

Hope you had a nice nap. Sorry to make you worry but I left to go to Abigail's apartment. At first, she asked me to bring you too. But I told her you were napping. So, I guess you're welcome to join us. If there is a true emergency, I ring you up.

Text me as soon as you read this note as I really don't want to bother you and wake you up from you contented nap.

xo, Joanne Belle Kameron

  I picked my phone up and MessageMe -d Joanne.

Brandon_Murphy : Hi. Read ur note. & yes I did hv a nice "nap". was dreamin bout u. ;p

Jo_anne : Aww...thx. do u wanna come over or something?

Brandon_Murphy : sure. meet u there in 15

Jo_anne : okay. see ya! ♡♡

I couldn't help grinning as I exited MessageMe.

  As I drove to Abigail's apartment, I turned on the radio and onto the channel, Teen Weekly.

  "Welcome to Teen Weekly, on the radio!" the radio deejay, Chris Martin announced. "I'm Chris Martin."

  "And I'm Sunny Day," his co-host, Sunny, cried out cheerfully. Woah - when was Sunny ever not . . . sunny?

  "News reports are confirming that the divorce rumours of Ruby Murphy and Fred Murphy are true," Chris stated.

  Sunny gasped. Oh, from here it sounds fake. Let's face it, America : That girl couldn't be gloomy even if a car ran over her dearest pet kitten, Meowy. "Oh my, why?"

  I could just hear Chris shrugging, and I'm thousands of miles away from Teen Weekly studio. "I have no clue. Reporters are going to question the couple."

  "Why don't we move on to a happier topic? I heard Ashley Tisdale is getting engaged to Christopher French," Sunny suggested. "And that Lovatics think Demi Lovato rocked blue hair. Or how about Taylor Swift's past?"

  "I think we should start with Ashley Tisdale and Christopher French," Chris decided. "I mean they're perfect -" he rattled off.

  But I barely heard him.