Chapter One

Joanne Belle Kameron
“Hello?” I muttered drowsily into the phone. It was Saturday morning and I had intended to sleep to my heart’s content. But no! I was practically woken up at the crack of dawn! By a noisy phone call! Sure, it was playing my favorite song (Dimples by Brandon Murphy, my favorite and most possible the cutest celebrity next to Jake Short!) but it didn’t help one bit.

“Is this Joanne Belle Kameron?” a crisp and clear voice asked politely.

I glanced at the clock which read 6:35 AM. How can someone be, well, not sleepy at this time?!

I groaned silently. Mostly because I hated it whenever anyone called me by my full name. I prefer to stick to Joanne Belle. “Yes.”

“I’m Blake Klaires from Modest Management, and I’m managing Brandon Murphy,” she told me.

I gasped. Brandon Murphy?! Woah! I was feeling a little dizzy and soon, I passed out …

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
“Sis! Wake up!” someone called me as I opened my eyes. It was my brother, Tyler.

“What?” I asked impatiently.

“You just got two missed calls from someone named Blake Klaires?” he told me … which, although, come to think of it, sounded like a question.

I sat upright and checked the time. 7:15 AM. Holy Crab! I was going to be late if I don’t hurry.

I had a quick shower and put on my favorite shirt and jeans, blow dried my hair and tugged on some heels.

I stuffed money, breath mints and my phone into a purse. Oh, and extra makeup too.

“Ty! Tell Dad I’m going out!” I called out as I raced out the door and started the engine on my gleaming car.

I checked the time. 7:35 AM. Great. My first time meeting with a management company and I’m already late.