Chapter Two

Chapter Two
Joanne Belle Kameron
"Sorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorry," I burst out as I ran (yes - ran. In heels!) into Koy Kafe.
  I immediately went to the table with Blake Klaires in it. I had researched how Blake Klaires looked a few . . . hundred times but it doesn't matter - It was bound to come in handy someday and it did today!
  Beside her, sitting very professionally, was the Brandon Murphy!
  "No problem," Blake Klaires said and passed me some coffee poured into a Styrofoam cup.
  I looked at her in surprise and she just smiled in response. "I researched you and got your favourite coffee," she explained apologetically.
  I sipped it and grinned. "It's my favourite."
  "Okay, let's get down to business. Please read this contract privately and here's my number. Brandon and I have to get going. We - Brandon - has an interview with Troy McKins later." Blake handed me a clipboard with a letter and a Post-It note on it.
  After I drove back home, I didn't really want to get out of the car. I dug around in the trunk for something I could eat and came across this grocery bag. Oops! I guess I forgot to bring in this bag yesterday after going grocery shopping. I found a packet of salad and dug in as I read the contract.
  Dear Joanne Belle Kameron,
This letter is regarding your relationship with Brandon Murphy, one of our clients. We understand that you're his biggest fan, so, we intend to give you an oppurtunity to be Brandon Murphy's pretend girlfriend. Even if you and Brandon get the chance to become really serious, and you break up, you and Brandon will still have to pretend like nothing's gone wrong. Each week, you will recieve $500 paycheck. You will mantain a "relationship" with Brandon for 1 year. If you have any queries, please do contact us.
Yours Sincerely,
Modest Mangement
  I took a bite of the crunchy salad and thought over it. A chance to be Brandon Murphy's pretend girlfriend? It all sounds so fantastic! But can I keep it up? Am I going to agree? Maybe I should ask Gemma, I thought, thinking about my sister, Gemma, who's an expert on relationships.
  I sighed and put away the letter and listened to Heartbeat by - you guessed it - Brandon Murphy.
  I'll listen to your heart beat beat fast
  It'll be just like how we met in class
  Tomorrow will be the day of our date
  I hope you'll make my heart beat fast
  Heartbeat
  After eating my salad, I turned off the car engine and walked home.