2.7

|normal perspective.|

  A blonde beauty dressed in lacy knee high socks and a lollipop in her mouth strode into Pops with an extra swing to her hips, the heels of her shoes hitting the tile floor hard. You couldn't guess who it was, not with her looking like that, provocative clothing covering her pale form.

Ah yes, as you may have guessed, it's the one and only Betty Cooper.

Confidence may have seemed to be radiating from her skin, blinding those with low self esteem. But inside, all she wanted to do was tear off the short crop top and exchange it with one of Jughead's jean jackets. I mean hell, it was freezing anyway.

But soon, her very good friend and infamous Lodge woman came prancing in herself, the curls of her raven hair bouncing with every step. Her matte purple lips smirked as she was met with a very surprising sight: her goody two shoes best friend Betty Cooper giving off a bad girl vibe. She's seen it before, and she was not expecting to see it ever again.

"Hey, B," Veronica broke the silence, hooking her arm around Betty's leather jacked clad one. "What do ya say we dance the night away, Cooper?"

Betty let out a chuckle as the two left the diner, eyes following the beautiful women the whole way out. "I'd say let's go for it, Lodge."

***

The music vibrated the concrete outside of the very hectic building, lights so bright that they could even blind an innocent bystander. Betty almost regretted suggesting this, but soon enough, she found herself caught in a swarm of dancing bodies, loud music piercing her ears.

Veronica dropped down low, a grip on Betty's leather jacket never leaving and soon she dipped back up, her curls easily splaying around her face. A laugh escaped her lips as she danced with her best friend, getting lost into the intoxicating music.

It was getting really hot, and soon Betty excused herself to get a shot at the bar table. Pushing past the crowd, she finally reached the counter, flopping down into a cushioned bar stool. A bartender with a very open top attended to her, resting her cheek in her palm as she took Betty's order.

As she waited for her drink, the blonde took a look around to actually capture what exactly she got herself into. The lights were so bright, dancing around the room along with the people and flashing wildly. The music was very loud, the bass of every note shaking the sleek floor. People were dancing suggestively, and she suddenly realized the strippers in the back corner. Since when were there strippers here?

"What's a pretty lady like you sitting here all by yourself?" A voice snapped her out of her thoughts, and she quickly shrugged the rough hand that was placed on her shoulder. "You really shouldn't be alone in a place like this, beautiful."

Betty tried her best to ignore the seemingly drunk man, a tinge of alcohol lingering in his breath. She shielded her face away from him, trying to squeeze together and make herself smaller.

"Cmon, babe, let's dance," He placed his palm on her upper thigh, running it slowly up her flowy skirt. She jerked her leg away from him, quickly standing up.

"I-um, I don't really intend to dance here," She muttered quietly, tears slowly but surely springing to her eyes. All she wanted was Jughead to come and save her.

"What would you be doing at a club then," the man slurred, before giving her ass a hard slap.

The sound of the hit echoed, and her composure snapped along with it.

The man's cheek was met with a hard crack, skin on skin causing him to groan and stumble back. Her hand stung from the force, but she still grabbed him by his collar, pushing the pain far back into her mind. She slammed his upper half against the counter, her eyes glowing a bit darker than usual.

"Don't touch me," Betty growled before releasing the man, making her way towards the woman's restroom. There, she met Veronica re-applying her lip gloss.

"Oh, hey Betts."

"Hi," Betty mumbled, staring down at her now red hand. "Um, in sorry to ditch this late but are you going to be okay here by yourself?"

Veronica shot her a questioning glance, but shortly complied. "Yeah, I should be fine, I think I found my entertainment of the night." She shot her friend a wink.

"Okay, good," Betty gave an apologetic smile before hugging her friend. "I'll explain everything tomorrow."

The cold air hit her flaming hot skin, and a sigh of instant relief escaped her red lips. She felt a tear slide down her cheek, but she didn't bother to stop it as she searched her purse for her phone.

***

The sound of his girlfriend's phone bounced off of the quiet walls of his dad's trailer. Jughead hummed as he sat up, grabbing his phone off of the coffee table beside him.

"What's up, gorgeous."

"Can you please come and pick me up, Jug?" Her voice quivered slightly. Concern soon took over his facial expressions, and he was at the coat rack in a second.

"Yeah, yeah sure, where are you?" Jughead stammered out, slamming the door shut behind him and running down the wooden stairs.

"I'm at the club near the school. Please, just come get me."

Jughead pressed the red button on the middle of his screen, locking his phone and shoving it into his pocket as he sprinted to Betty's destination. What was she doing at a club? What could have happened to get her so shaken?

Jughead's thoughts swarmed 80 miles a minute, which distracted him enough from his running to ignore the ache in his legs and chest.

Catching his breath, he stopped in front of a big building with smoke and music coming out of the doors, a neon sign placed atop of the roof. He searched the outside, looking for blonde hair. Once he finally found her, he gripped her hand and pulled her into a hug.

Her tears stained his denim jacket, but he couldn't give two shits. The real problem is that she was crying. Why?

"I-I'm so sorry for having you come here, Jug," Betty wiper her nose as they slowly made their way down the sidewalk. "I just, I couldn't be there any longer."

"Don't apologize, Betts, I just want to know that you're safe and happy."

Betty looked up at him with so much love in her eyes, and he couldn't help but grab her cheek softly and kiss her lipstick smudged lips.

***

"Care to talk about it?" Jug asked as he shut the trailer door behind him, Betty taking a seat on the couch in the living room.

"Well, after the whole Archie and Veronica incident, I tried to be a good friend and decided to attempt to take her mind off of him so I asked her to go clubbing with me," Betty rested her head on his shoulder, his arm wrapping around hers.

"I let her dance and have fun while I went to go get a shot. I don't know if he was drunk or what, but this man tried to get me to dance with him and he was sliding his hand up my skirt and I- I-I'm sorry." Tears sprung her ocean blue eyes, and he shushed her, kissing her forehead.

"I promise that I didn't let him do anything, I actually ended up slapping him and slamming his head into the table behind us."

Betty showed her boyfriend her red hand, still damaged from the impact. She cringed, hoping he wasn't mad.

Instead, he intertwined his cold hands with her warm ones, the temperature soothing her scorching palm.

They sat there like that for a while, and before they knew it, they slowly drifted off into a nice, relaxing sleep.