2.6

|normal perspective.|

One of the best things about Betty Cooper is that she always has her friends backs, no matter what. It doesn't matter if you committed a crime or you're just generally sad, she'll be right there, saying everything you want and need to hear.

It was no surprise when the blonde beauty ran after Ronnie, her best friend, but not after slapping Archie so hard that his cheek was bright red.

"You're such an idiot!" She scolded in anger, taking off towards the exit to comfort her crying friend.

Jughead glanced at the redhead from across the room, leaning against the cracked vending machine. "I know, Jug," Archie whispered before the teen could even say anything. "I know that I fucked up, and that I can't get her back."

Jughead nodded in agreement, patting his friends shoulder and exiting the blue and gold.

***

"Of course," Veronica sobbed into Betty's shoulder, her dark make up staining her light t shirt. But Betty didn't care. It was the least of their problems. "Of course he would leave me, why does everyone leave?"

"I'm never going to leave, Ronnie," Betty said, tilting Veronica's head up so that she looked into her eyes. "I'm not going anywhere, even if you push me away, even when you don't need me."

Veronica managed a smile, wiping her bloodshot eyes. "Thanks, Betty."

"No problem!" Betty jumped up, grabbing the raven haired teens hand. "Let's get you cleaned up."

Ronnie laughed, cringing at the thought of how she must have looked at that very moment. Allowing Betty to lead her to the sink, Veronica thought about just how lucky she was to have Betty Cooper as a friend, hell, a best friend.

No one could compare to her. Never, ever, ever.

***

|veronica's perspective.|

  I paced my room, tears freely falling into the white carpet. I need to stop, I can't just spend my time walking around and crying like a baby over a redhead that clearly has a thing for a twincest freak. But I can't get his stupid smile and stupid laugh and stupid abs out of my head.

   Flopping onto my queen bed, I allowed myself to let out a frustrated groan.

  Betty's ringtone began to play, and I quickly scrambled to my nightstand, slamming my hand on the table and searching for my phone. Once it was in my hand, I aggressively tapped the answer button, bringing the phone up onto my ear.

  "H-Hello?" I stuttered, wiping my nose.

  "Hey, V!" Betty piped, making me smile. "So, I know that you're probably very upset right now, and I was thinking about how long it's been since I've been out to a club."

  "Oh my god, Betty," I laughed, joy swelling through my body. "Don't say it."

  "Wanna hit up the club tonight, Ronnie?" I could practically hear the smile in her voice.

  I shook my head.

  I shouldn't do this.

  Really shouldn't.

  "Hell yeah, meet me at pops at 7."