0.6

|betty.|

crying, screaming, blood, curses, lights, death, calamity, danger, hazard, knives, guns, monsters.

me.

|jughead.|

I awoke to the sound of screaming. Someone was thrashing around and my mind went to instant emergency alert.

Betty.

"Bets, stop!" I said, grabbing her by the shoulders. "It's just a dream, Betty!"

Tears began to flow down her porcelain cheeks, and I couldn't almost comprehend it. Seeing her cry caused me indescribable pain.

"Betty," I whispered, sweat covering my brow. I stared at her for a few seconds before placing my chapped lips against her soft ones. Instantly, she stopped thrashing and opened her eyes. I felt her kiss me back, her small hand slowly moving to the back of my neck.

I broke away, placing my forehead against hers and I looked into her eyes. "Are you okay?" I asked her, stroking her cheek with my thumb.

She nodded, obviously lying. But it's fine, I'll keep her safe.

We took a look at her digital clock placed on her oak wood nightstand. 4:32am, it read in bright blue.

"About three hours," I mumbled down at her, and she blessed my lips with hers.

  I kissed her back, of course, how could you ever turn down a kiss from Betty Cooper?

  Once we broke away, we decided to get up. Betty had a cool slope on the side of her house, right outside of the window, where you could just sit without any trees blocking your way.

  We made our way out of the window, me holding her hand so she wouldn't slip. Once we sat down, she started shivering instantly. So, me being a gentleman, I slipped my jacket off of my arms and wrapped it around her small figure.

  Betty looked up at me, staring deep into my eyes. I felt like I was in a trance, with her blonde, messy hair, powerful blue eyes, make up smeared face, how could I not? Her beauty was so overwhelming.

|betty.|

  I stared into Jug's emerald eyes, then glowing with affection. They made me feel safe and loved. I couldn't look away, it's as if time had completely stopped. Just him.

  I couldn't see anything about him.

  "Jughead," I whispered, before gently wrapping my arms around his slender stomach, lying my head against his chest.

   I felt protected in his arms. I knew that he would never hurt me, much less let anyone hurt me.

  I smiled, a blush surely spread on my cheeks. "Thank you," I whispered.

  Jughead looked down in confusion. "For what?"

  "For everything."