0.9

|betty.|

"Murderer."

"Guilty."

"Freak."

"Disgusting."

All of those are horrible. Every single word means different but hits you in the exact same place. Not your mind, not your stomach, but your heart.

The worst is that these happen online too. Ever since I showed the pictures of the car Jug and I found to Mr. Keller, everyone has been accusing Jughead or I, one or the other. So, what better place to talk about it then online, where no one can do much about it?

The thing with the internet, though, is that you believe it. You believe it because you read it in your head in your own voice, rather than someone saying to your face. You're calling yourself those words, and it hurts you even more.

I knew I was awake from my seemingly long nap that I don't even remember starting, but I decided to open my heavy eyelids anyway. It took a few seconds for my eyes to adjust to the dark room, and I sat up. My heard hurt, I had different clothes on, my hair is now down, and there are bandages on my hands.

How did I get here anyway?

Last I remember is looking outside of the window of Pop's. Someone must've brought me home, but who?

V? No, she's probably painting her nails or something with Kevin.

Archie? Practice with Valerie.

Jughead?

Definitely Jughead, how have I not thought of that from the beginning?

I checked my digital clock, my hazy eyes causing the blue eyes to split weirdly. I made it out, though. 9:08pm.

I decided that I couldn't just sit here, I didn't even think I could fall back to sleep. So, I decided to text the one person who's been on my mind 24/7.

To: Juggie 💓

were you the one who brought me home?

From: Juggie 💓

yeah, you fell asleep at Pop's dummy.

To: Juggie 💓

oh, oopsie 😂

From: Juggie 💓

so what's up? your hands okay?

To: Juggie 💓

they sting a bit, but thank you for taking care of it

To: Juggie 💓

thank you for everything.

From: Juggie 💓

no, thank you for everything Betty.

From: Juggie 💓

I've been holding off saying this because I don't want to say this so early

From: Juggie 💓

But I love you, Betty. So goddamn much. I don't want you to get hurt, if you do, I'll go insane. I'll lose my fucking mind.

To: Juggie 💓

I thought you'd never say that.

To: Juggie 💓

I love you too Jug, so goddamn much.