2.3

|jughead.|

  "You're a failure," A voice yelled as a glass was thrown. I dodged it with ease, I'm used to this. Sad to say, but when you live with one alcoholic parent you just kinda have to expect this stuff to happen.

  I sighed, beginning to clean up the glass off of the carpet. He's right. I am a failure, aren't I?

  The cold breeze of the scary outside world hit my face as I slam the front door violently. I accidentally cut my hand off of the glass, so I was heading to the school where the nurse had plenty of bandaids.

  Failure. Loser. Hated. Stupid. Ugly. Disgusting. Weak. Waste of space.

  Waste of space.

  I'm just a waste of space.

***

|normal perspective.|

  Betty hummed to a song that blared on her radio as she scribbled down words of affection specifically for Jughead.

  Amazing. Talented. Creative. Kind. Smart. Handsome. Caring.

  Clicking her blue pen close, she finished the last word, it scribbled on the white strip of paper in Betty's graceful handwriting.

  Perfect.

  The blonde got up off of her bed, twirling to the music as she made her way to retrieve the jar off of her desk. Grabbing ribbons and the single pieces of candy for her boyfriend, Betty began to stuff the glass holder with the strips of folded paper and small chocolate bars. As she finished, the lid closed with a click and she sat the jar back on the desk to admire her work.

  "Jug is gonna love this," she sang, a pretty smile dancing across her pink lips.

***

  The day has come, the one the two have secretly been waiting for. The night of the dance, which is commonly the time where people ask each other to go with them.

  Betty had a plan to ask Juggie. First, she'd stop by his locker in between one of the periods, ask him to go to pops with her, buy him food, and slide the jar over to him for him to open. Then boom, magic!

  What better time to initiate the plan than free period?

Betty ran to the bathroom to get a good look at herself. She fixed her ponytail, all of the strands where they should be, and made sure that her makeup wasn't runny or smudged. Once she was satisfied, she took several deeps breaths and made her way to Jughead's locker, where he had been unloading his tons of books.

Leaning against his locker door, Betty tapped his shoulder. His focus was immediately on her, the seemingly guardian angel that made her way into his life.

"I have a proposal for you, Mr. Jones!" Betty smiled up at him as she watched his expression lighten. "Would you like to come to pops tonight?"

"Um, isn't the dance tonight?" Jug asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

Nodding, Betty replied with, "Well yeah, but this is like right after school for only a few hours, enough time to get back home and get ready!"

Eyeing the blonde, Jughead licked his lips. A beautiful girl and burgers? No one could actually turn that down.

"Fine."

***
|jughead.|

  Why does Betty even love you?

  Someone as amazing as her, loving someone like you?

  Practically impossible