0.7

|normal perspective.|
The next day, however, wasn't as sweet. It was bitter, actually.

"Oh, would you look at that, there's Betty Cooper, aka the murderer of Jason Blossom," A blonde girl said as she walked past Veronica, Archie, Jughead, Kevin, and Betty's table.

"I'm sorry, I don't think I heard that right, please repeat whatever the hell you just said," Veronica shot back defensively, standing up and cupping her ear as she leaned forward. Betty grabbed her hand softly, trying to pull her back down.

"I said," the blonde girl started. "Betty is Jason's m-u-r-d-e-r-e-r," she spelled out, and Betty had to hold Veronica back. She sat her down, glaring up at the girl.

"Aw Betty has to have someone protect her," the blonde girl whined as if she was talking to an infant. Betty clenched her hands so hard, she felt blood slowly run down her palms. "So weak."

It's as if a twig that was forever trying to keep itself to stay strong has snapped inside of Betty. It was trying its best to maintain its position, but a powerful flow of wind just completely shattered the fragile piece of nature, all of its pieces flowing away in the wind.

Because the first thing Betty did when the hurtful word rolled off of the girl's tongue is jump up and punch her square in the jaw. She didn't care about Jughead grabbing at her ankles or Veronica's protests, all she saw was red.

She was quick, jumping on the table and landing on the girl's body, her legs on either side of her as she repeatedly stroke the girl with powerful hits. Someone, Betty didn't know who, grabbed her by the waist and had her pulled away from the crowd that formed around the two.

Before she knew it, Betty was being carried into the parking lot and was sat on the sidewalk.

"What the hell was that, Betty?" A familiar voice yelled, and she looked up to find the face of the one and only Archie Andrews.

Betty stood up quickly, turning away. "She called me weak," Betty whispered, her shoulders hunching a bit. "S-She said I needed someone to protect me," she brokenly stated.

Archie's hand found his way on her shoulder, clothed with a blue sweater.

It was shaken off just as quickly as it was placed. "No!" Betty turned around, tears streaming down her pink cheeks, bloodshot eyes, and red liquid dripping from her hands onto the pavement.

"I am not weak, Archie," she stared, wiping her eyes with her sleeve. "I do not need anyone to protect me!"

Her voice echoed, and she broke out into sobs. "I don't need help, I'm not weak," she licked her lips. "So stop acting like I am!"

"What you did back there was very stupid," Archie started. But Betty didn't stay to hear it, she just rolled her eyes and took off, getting the fuck out of the whole situation.

She ran as far as her little legs could take her, and she found herself hunched over in front of the very famous establishment known to Riverdale.

Pop's.

She walked through the glass doors, instantly hit with the smell of coffee and cigarettes. She found herself taking in the warm lights that shone down on her, and she sat directly beneath one, throwing her head back into the cushion.

"What can I get for y-" Hermione stopped mid sentence as she noticed Betty's tear stained face, a small bruise forming beneath her right eye. "Betty, what happened?" She kneeled down, grazing her thumb softly over the injury.

"It's nothing, can you get me a glass of water please?" Betty smiled, and Hermione nodded as she quickly got up to fetch some.

Betty felt something run down her bare leg, and she glanced down. Blood was trickling down from her knuckles.

"And a dozen napkins!" Betty shouted, cringing.

Hermione quickly returned with her order, and asked a million questions per second. "Why don't you ask V later, okay?" The blonde gave an exhausted smile. "I need to clear my head for a bit."

Obeying her wishes, the Lodge retreated back to her usual place behind the counter.

Betty pulled her knees up to her chest, napkins wrapped securely around her hands as she sipped on her water and stared out the window.

It all looked so beautiful. Peaceful, clear sky, the wind brushing between the green grass, causing the pieces to move the same direction. A butterfly landed on top of the flower in front of her window, and she gave it a sheepish smile.

It was so calming. So peaceful.

So tired.