1.3

\\examples of everyone's swimwear will appear during chapter//

|betty.|

  I rummaged through my closet full of pastel shirts and looked for something to wear. It's not that I needed anyone to impress, but I still wanted to look nice and presentable. So, I  decided on an off-the-shoulder black and floral print bikini set, black sandals, and a black tie choker. I didn't know what to do with my hair, and it was nearly time for Jughead to be here, so I just threw my hair into some sort of bun (I think) and ran out the door.
outfit

  Just as I closed the front door, Jughead appeared out of literally nowhere in black 24/7-STAR swim shorts, his usual beanie placed on his head and black sunglasses swinging around on his finger

outfit

  "Hi," I smiled, hugging him, breathing in his scent

  "Hi," I smiled, hugging him, breathing in his scent. Cologne, licorice, and vanilla. He kissed the top of my head and we made our way down to Archie's house, which wasn't exactly a long walk.

  I let go of Jug's hand, and skipped up to his door cheerfully. I gave the wood a few light taps, and popped out Archie, clothed in cool swimshorts with an unusual pattern, blue faded sunglasses, and a nike hat backwards.
outfit

  "Hi, Arch!" I smiled as I grabbed his hand, making our way down the steps

  "Hi, Arch!" I smiled as I grabbed his hand, making our way down the steps. I grabbed Jughead's hand with my free one and I ran, literally ran, to Pop's. I was so excited I could hardly wait!

***

  We met Ronnie outside of Pop's, her in a black one piece, white wedges, her usual pearls covering her ears, and purple sunglasses placed in front of her eyes.
outfit

  "Hi guys," she lifted her glasses up, kissing Archie's cheek

  "Hi guys," she lifted her glasses up, kissing Archie's cheek. I froze right then and there.

  "Um," I started. Looking back and forth between Archie and Veronica, I tried to put the pieces together. "You guys, are, um,"

  "Dating?" Veronica finished. "Yeah, probably should've told you sooner," she laughed. "It doesn't affect you, right?"

  I smiled, shaking my head. "No, it doesn't."

  Archie looked at me with a confused face, along with Veronica. "What?" They said in unison.

  "You were like, in love with Archie, what happened?" Veronica asked, and I licked my lips before turning to Jughead.

  I stood on my tippy toes cause Jug is like 6'1 and I'm 5'4, and I pecked him on the lips. Still staring at Jughead rather than Veronica and Archie's reactions, I grabbed his hand and simply said, "Him."

  "What?!" Ronnie practically screamed, rushing over to hug me. I laughed, looking at Archie, who seemed relieved that I moved on. He gave me a thumbs up of approval, and he whispered something in Jug's ear, which still continues to keep me wondering.

|jughead.|

  "Take care of her, Jug."