"I hope he gets it"

"I really hope too, even though I'd help pay his tuition".

"You'd do that?"

"Yeah, why not? I'm working my ass off and I get paid really well being a model, I want to thank my parents in some way, they've sacrificed so much for us. They don't let me pay anything for them so might as well pay for Gabe's tuition", I said walking to the living room with him following me.

"That's really nice of you"

***

It was way later in the day and Chance and I were at my favorite Italian Restaurant ever. We had gone out for lunch today with my parents and Gabe since we are leaving tomorrow to Ohio; then, my brother, Chance and I went to the gym, had smoothies and the got ready for tonight's dinner.

"How is your food?" I asked Chance moments after the waitress had brought us our plates.

"It's amazing, here", he gave me some of his food and in deed it was amazing. "It's great isn't it?"

"Yes, that's why I brought you here".

"I see why it is your favorite", he smiled at me, making me smile too.

I was about to say something when my phone started ringing, it was 8.43pm, who was calling me this late on a Sunday?

"Who is it?" Chance asked.

"I don't know", I took my phone out of my purse and looked at the caller ID. "It's Karen".

"Why is your manager calling on a Sunday?"

"I don't know", i looked at the phone screen for a couple of seconds before picking up. "Hey Karen, what's up"

"Hey Mel, how's your break going?" she asked really happy. why.

"Uhm, it's been great"

"Well, I'm glad. I hope you don't have any more things planned though"

"Why? You told me I had this week off too, what do you mean you hope I don't have anything planned?" I said quite loudly and I felt Chance stiff up, I took my wallet out and told him to pay for the meal. He tried to argue me but he knew better, so he called the waiter for the check.

"Well, Versace contacted me and they want you to model for them".

"That's great", I got excited for a bit as Chance and I left the restaurant.

"Yeah, I know. That's why you need to be in Italy on Wednesday" she said and I stopped in the middle of the parking lot and looked at Chance with sad eyes, he looked at me weirdly taking my face in his hands.

"But I have plans with my boyfriend's family this week", I said and Chance's face dropped and he quickly tried to cover it with a small smile.

"Well, that's why I told you I hoped you didn't have anything planned for this week. I know it was your break and all, but this is a one time chance. You need to understand that we are talking about Milan, London, Paris' fashion weeks. I'll call you in a bit to give you your flight details", she sternly said and ended the call.

"You have to leave?"

"I think so", I said looking at the ground.

"Where to?" he asked taking my face in his hands, looking me in the eyes.

"Milan"

"And when will you be coming back?" he asked me with a soft voice.

"Probably three weeks. I don't know yet, I'd have to rent an apartment. Oh God", I said, my eyes started to water.

"Hey hey hey, don't cry. We have face time, I'll call you every time I can. You're not leaving for too long, I'll look up the time difference and put alarms so I can call you when you wake up and before you go to sleep. We'll make this work", he tried to convince me.

"I l-", before I finished what I was about to say, Karen interrupted again. "Hey"

"I just bought your flight tickets and already emailed them to you. So hurry up, your flight back to LA is at midnight." and before I had something else to say, she ended the phone call.

"So, I guess I'm leaving"

"I'll miss you so much", he said pecking my lips before hugging tightly my body.

I was actually leaving for about two months, I just didn't have the heart to tell him that.

I just hope a bit of long distance works for us.

_________________

Long ass chapter.

Word count: 1211

13.1K reads

WHY ARE BOYS SO HEARTLESS? I'M DONE WITH THEM.

SOTD:

Find Your Love - Drake

-M