Chapter 16

I am back! Before starting this chapter, LYON HIT 10K READS! I would like to thank everyone who stayed and supported the book and everyone else who joined this journey while I was gone. This chapter is dedicated to YOU. I can't appreciate you enough.

Amara's POV

"My m-mother?" I stuttered.

She stepped forward and cupped my cheeks. "You have grown up into such a beautiful woman, my child." She then removed her hands from my cheeks and held my hands gently while patting them. "I know you have a lot of questions, and I would love to answer them. But honestly, you all look like a mess and awfully hungry after the fight. Why don't we go to my house and talk?"

We all were speechless, so we all answered by nodding our heads. A smile graced her face and then she started walking, motioning for us to follow.

We finally reached her house, and she led us to the kitchen. "Why don't you boys go and freshen up? Amara can help me fix you with some lunch."

Rome and Damien complied immediately, while Elias started leaving hesitantly, looking at me as if asking me whether I was okay. I gave him a reassuring smile and he smiled back.

When he also retreated to his room. I decided to bombard my "mother" with questions.

"How did you know I was here?" I questioned her.

"My town was in danger, so I decided to help. While I was observing the fight, I saw you..I can never forget your red eyes. You had them when you were born." She answered while giving me a knife to cut some tomatoes. "I couldn't see my child in trouble."

"You didn't think I would be in trouble when you left me?" I snapped.

She gave me a sad smile. "I couldn't do anything else and I mean it. I had no other choice." She looked out of the window as if recalling a sad yet happy memory. "Your father and I were in love, but we weren't mates. So our relationship was itself considered a sin. We wanted a child of our own, and it made us extremely sad that we couldn't produce one, because we weren't mates. Love and mates has nothing to do with each other. As you know, I was a witch. Hence, I decided to use my powers to make myself able to receive his seed and you were born." She looked at me. "But the p-people, they weren't happy. They started hunting us down. Your father died protecting us." A tear slipped down her cheeks and my heart was feeling very heavy. "They were following me as well. In order to protect you, I had to get you away from me."

"I don't know what to say." I managed to reply. "I'm sorry for what I said earlier."

"Don't worry. You have the right to say that." She smiled. "During the fight, I saw that you didn't use your magical powers, what happened?"

"I only recently discovered about..about myself. I don't know how to control them." I gave her a sheepish smile.

"I'd love to teach you." She spoke with a glint in her eyes. "Will you let me teach you?"

I couldn't say no.

"Great! We shall start tomorrow then." And then we continued preparing the food.

____________________________________________________________

Warning: Some mild hot stuff below. It's not too much but not too less either. If you refrain from reading such parts, then you can skip to the end of the chapter. I'll explain what happened there in one line.

After a delicious lunch, I went back into my room. Well, mine and Elias's. It was because mother had three rooms. Rome and Damien shared one while Elias and I shared the other.