Chapter 4

Amara's POV

After the celebration, I went back with my parents in order to pack and say our goodbyes. Elias said that we would leave the next evening so that I have enough time to meet everyone before leaving.

"Can't believe that I won't have anyone to annoy me anymore." my dad said as we entered the house.

"Don't worry, i'll call everyday and i'll visit as much as I can." I replied while sticking out my tongue at it.

"Don't you think you guys are going too fast? I mean, you should get to know each other before leaving." my mom said with worry evident in her statement.

"I did ask him that, but he said he has to go back before the New Year's and our town is 4 days away from where he lives due to which he won't be able to visit me again and again. So it is more practical to go live with him." I said as I recalled what I was told.

 "I'm really going to miss you, Amara." my mom said as her eyes flickered from black to green as tears threatened to pour out of them.

"I'm going to miss you too my mama wolf." I replied as I hugged her tightly, not wanting to let go. My dad joined the hug, as he caressed my head. I knew that their wolves loved me as much as they did, if not more. I'm going to miss all four of them. We all then went upstairs to help me pack my stuff and recall all our favourite memories together.

I couldn't sleep well that night. It was probably because I was excited and terrified about what life is going to bring next for me. I knew Elias would treat me well, his actions towards me were proof enough. But would I be able to live with freedom that I have desired for so long? Would I be given respect as Elias's mate or as a human? Would the other wolves be as kind as the ones in my town? And most importantly, who is Elias? Who are Rome, Theo, Damien? Why were they treated as very important individuals during the celebration?

___________________________________________________________

I woke up at around 9 A.M thanks to my alarm. I could hear people downstairs, apart from my parents. Confused, I went downstairs only to find Elias, Rome, Theo, and Damien sitting around the kitchen counter along with my dad with my mom leaning over it, talking to each other.

They must have sensed me through their werewolf senses because they all turned to my direction at the same time.

"Oh, it's the lady from my nightmares." said Theo earning a smack on the head by Elias.

Well, since we're going to be living together. They should get used to it.

"Good morning to you too." I replied rubbing my eyes.

"Good morning Amara." Elias said getting up from his seat and offering it to me.

"It's okay, i'll go back upstairs to freshen up soon anyway." I replied.

"Yeah, you really should." Theo said while half-laughing. This time I smacked his head.

"I was telling them stories about you." my mom said smiling.

I hope she hasn't told them about that time...

I was like 5 and I didn't like to be treated as an outsider in school. You know, how when werewolves shift back to their human form, they're naked. So, what I did was I ran around the school naked, telling everyone that I had just come back from my run until they called my parents. 

Lost in recalling the event, I didn't notice that Elias had risen from his seat and was now standing before me. He then leaned and whispered into my ears."I'm not against you running around, but I do think that only I should be able to see you naked." causing my eyes to widen with shock. I looked at the others, and found them looking away while Theo was smirking at me.

"I'll go back to my room now." I said while taking huge steps back to my room.

I had decided to go meet my manager and Ella in the bakery to bid farewell to them and Elias insisted on accompanying me. Rome and Damien were going to explore the town a little while Theo wanted to stay home to watch movies and eat popcorn.

On the way to the bakery, I showed Elias different parts of the town and told him my childhood memories related to them while he smiled looking at me. I did feel like it was only me telling him my past and my dreams but I had decided to ask all 4 of them my questions on the way back home, they couldn't ignore or escape me then.

Ella hugged and cried when I told her that I would be leaving while my manager held in some tears and told me that he would miss his best employee. Elias was standing a little away from us in order to give us some privacy. I met a few other people on our way back bidding them goodbyes.

"So where will we be going?" I asked Elias.

"The city of Lyon." he replied as we walked in the house.

The city of Lyon? Sounds like a beautiful place, right? It is also the place where the war between humans and werewolves took place about a 100 years ago.

***********************************************************************

I hope you liked the chapter. I haven't described the characters much yet because I want to dedicate at least one chapter to each of them as the story progresses. 

Which character's story would you like to know the most?