Chapter 20- Therapy

Personally I think I'm stupid, irrational, gullible and impulsive. At least those were my excuses. He was stressed, I was stressed. He was frustrated, I was mad and hurt. He was probably hurt too. I doubt he even meant the words that came out of his mouth.

I hissed quietly when the scalding chamomile tea touched my lips. It was definitely too hot to drink. I had recently grown an obsession with the tea. I sighed in annoyance, setting the organic cup back on the wooden table.

Cafe Bordeaux was something I had currently came across. It was a place I could come and relax and just think. I could write some songs or look at wedding things.

I looked around at the comfy couches and chairs with mismatched tables.Nothing belonged together or originally came together, but it gave the cafe that cute, thrifty, hipster feel. Paintings along with old pictures were hung on the wall at random places, covering the burgundy paint. Faint calming music played in the background. I was the only customer in the cafe while a waitress was cleaning the counter.

I decided to be brave and try my tea again. Blowing on it softly, I took a tentative sip.It stung my tongue slightly, but I could deal with it. I placed it back on the table as soon as the grandfather clock by the entrance started to chime. It was 10:00 p.m. Much later than I thought.

I tapped my fingers mindlessly as my gaze shifted to my ring finger. The gorgeous engagement ring sat proudly against my skin. Sighing heavily again, my mind began to race before an idea came into my mind. I knew exactly how to fix this!

I told you this Cafe was perfect.

Rushing out of the cafe in excitement, I left my forgotten coffee on the table. I had left my phone at the apartment and it was dark outside. I guess it's a good thing that the Cafe was a few blocks away as I had ran here in a rush. A stupid rush that was.

With renewed vigor and the the thought of Lou's broken face, I pushed through the stragglers on the street who looked at my strangely before I came into view of my apartment. I bent over to catch my breath, my left hand resting lightly on the door.

I slowly stood up and turned the doorknob, glad it was unlocked. I slowly opened the door and peered in. Hopefully Louis would be somewhere else so he wouldn't see me.

Not seeing his face anywhere, I stepped inside and softly closed the door behind me. I quickly scampered my way into my room, running to my bedside table. A brown box sat confidently on top. I ripped open the top and ravaged through it. Random pieces of jewelry flew across the room before I found what I was searching for. I slowly grinned, giggling in sheer excitement.

I clutched it in the palm of my hands and quickly turned to the mirror in my room, patting down my frizzy hair. In the distance I heard the toilet flush. Hopefully that was Louis and not a burglar with a full bladder.

Running out to the living room, I hopped onto the couch, trying to land in a natural pose just as Louis walked in. He walked right past me and into the kitchen, rummaging through the refrigerator. I sat up quickly on the couch, turning around.

What a goof.

As he grabbed a carton of milk, he turned around before freezing, his sea-foam eyes wide. The milk carton slipped from his hands and broke onto the floor, milk seeping out onto the tiles and over his  red plaid pajama pants. I chuckled lightly and leaped off the couch, rushing to the kitchen.

He stared at me skeptically as I place my hands on his chest.

"Louis, I'm sorry," I quickly apologized. He was silent as his eyes scanned my face fervently. I slide my hands behind his neck, quickly sliding the band of silver on my right hand, ring finger.

Pulling my right hand from behind him, I shoved it in front of his face. He looked confused before his eyes snatched onto the promise ring on my hand.

He slowly grinned, wrapping his arms tightly around me in a hug.

"I love you, forever and always, with all my heart," I recited the message on the promise ring.

"I love you too, and I'm extremely sorry," He rushed, pecking my cheeks before kissing my lips lightly. I smiled in content, leaning my forehead against his.

At that moment I came into reality and felt the chunky milk in between my toes.

I glanced downwards before looking up at Louis, "I think the milk was expired anyway." I started to laugh hard as Louis joined me, picking me up swiftly and running to the couch.