Chapter 38 ~ Sand, Sunset, and Stalkers

*Time skip; one month after Luke's death*

Maplefang I refer to myself here, and  my brother (Triistaan), in case if you wanted to know when I was going to do that! I also refer to you Maplefang!

Characters resembling us:

Willow - Me
Maple - Maplefang
Sven - Triistaan

Horses:
Rex
Crystal
Tango

#TypicalFangirls

*Amy and Luke in car with Lyatt POV*
The wind blew in our faces as the beach came into view. I sighed. Half  Moon Bay State Beach.. (Real place btw!) Lucy and I shared so many memories here.. But now Luke and I were on journey; for two reasons: One, watch Lucy and Wyatt and be 'fangirls', and two, to protect them, because why not? Anyways, the car finally stopped and we all got out. And so this 'journey' began.

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

Salty air filled Lucy and Wyatt's lungs as they stepped out of the car. "Sure is a lovely place.." Wyatt murmured. Lucy nodded in agreement. "It is. Amy would've loved to come here.." She whispered. A silence came over them. Lucy opened the back door of the car; she was looking for Luke. She didn't want to accept his death. Realizing what she had done, Lucy slammed the door shut. "Sorry." She said. "It's alright.." Wyatt replied. "But we're RIGHT here! Notice me!" Luke cried. "No matter how hard you try, they will NEVER see you Luke.. Unless if you enter their dreams, of course." I told him. "Okay then." He replied. Lucy and Wyatt began to walk off together towards the shore. I nudged the dog. "Let's go." I hissed. He rolled his eyes at me. I sighed. Luke was no longer a wise, blinded elder. He was a young, crazy, outgoing dog. He was still respectful and all, but it was obvious that he was getting on my nerves. After we were done bickering amongst ourselves, we quickly hurried after Lucy and Wyatt. They were already on the sandy beach along with other people.

The sun was already scorching, even though it was only 11:00 in the morning. Despite the early time, the beach was crowded; with people and animals. Seeing all of the dogs running around only reminded Lucy of Luke. She decided to look at the ocean, the freedom lying before her, to avoid the animals. Wyatt looked around as well. To his surprise, there were horses; two (skewbald- brown/white) paint horses, one with bright blue eyes and the other with a lovely pattern that looked like raindrops, and a small brown pony with a rider who looked about 8 or 9. Ignoring the fact that the three kids were clearly watching them as they walked, Wyatt finally stopped and looked around for a spot for them to settle down on the beach. "Is this a good spot Luce? It's kinda isolated, but I suppose that means peace and quiet.." He asked. "Yes, it's perfect" She replied. Wyatt and Lucy set up their spot on the beach and then went for a walk. Followed by Luke and me, of course.

As they walked, they thought they were alone. Well, they were wrong. The three kids who were on the horses were near by, looking in their direction. Not only that, but the kids had binoculars. From what Wyatt could see, the girls who were riding the paints looked around 13 or 15, and the boy on the pony was at least four years younger. Not weird at all.. Wyatt thought. "What's wrong? Something seems to be bothering you.." Lucy asked Wyatt, interrupting his thoughts. "Look." Wyatt said, pointing to the kids. "They're watching us, and they have been near us for the past 15 minutes!" Lucy tilted her head. "Maybe.. Oh, but who cares?! We're here to enjoy ourselves.. Ever think that they're looking at the dogs or the seagulls?" Lucy replied calmly. "Yeah, probably! Let's just forget about that.." Wyatt replied. But something really feels off..

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~~=~
*POV of the equestrian kids*
My friend Maple and I were at the beach with my brother, Sven, riding the horses, minding our own business, when this couple walked by. They seemed happy together, and they're both adorable together. Hot, if you ask me. Not to mention the fact that she's pregnant. I also saw a dull colored golden retriever and a girl, but they didn't seem too important.. Oh! Right, forgot to introduce myself. How rude! My name is Willow, I am 13 years old, and Maple, Sven, and I are from Pennsylvania, but we came to California for vacation. Maple's parents and her twin brother weren't able to come with us. My parents said I could choose a friend to come, and Maple and I have been friends for quite some time, so why not bring her? She was allowed to bring three of her horses- Rex, who I ride, Tango, the pony for my brother, and her horse Crystal, for herself. The three of us absolutely LOVED the attention from the public; not to mention the fact we were bareback, without saddles. Anyways, where was I? Oh yeah, that's right! Back to taking about the couple. So the guy obviously knew we were watching them, so he alerted his partner. Maple interrupted my thoughts. "Dammit Willow! He sees you looking through the binoculars!" She snapped. I quickly put the binoculars around my neck and looked on towards the shore. The man glared at us one last time before turning around and continuing to walk. "Should we go gallop along the shoreline so we can spy?" Sven asked. "I don't see why not. As long as Crystal doesn't decide to jump 10 feet in the air like she did when my dad was ridng the tractor!" Maple said. I nodded in agreement. "Let's show off for them!" I said. Sven and Maple agreed, so we literally raced after the couple. We galloped in the water, droplets spraying out behind us. Everyone around us was amazed, even the couple, which really surprised us. Finally we were in front of the couple, and since I was leader of our mini line, I veered off path and rode right in front of them. I raced toward the lifeguard's boat, and leapt over that. Maple and Sven followed, then jumped over the row boat. We stopped, all catching our breaths. "And there's no lifeguard on duty? What the hell?" I asked, laughing through gasping breaths. I patted Rex on the shoulder. I lifted my head up and looked to my left. They were coming toward us..

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
*Lyatt POV*
Lucy and Wyatt approached the riders. Umm hi. Can we talk?" Wyatt asked. The girl on the paint horse with the raindrop pattern immediately sat up straight. The young boy's eyes flashed with guilt, and the girl with the blue eyed horse narrowed her eyes. "Yes?" The boy asked. Wyatt searched his mind for words. After gathering his thoughts together, he spoke. "You guys were amazing.. How on earth could you do all of those things?" Wyatt asked. He wanted to complement the kids first, then talk to them about spying. "Why thank you. I'm not sure how we do it, we just.. do it..? My name is Willow, this here is Maple, and this is my brother, Sven. Maple is a friend." Willow replied. She explained how they were from Pennsylvania, and why they had horses. "Oh. Cool. I'd like to ask you one more question." Wyatt told them. Maple raised an eyebrow. "What?" "Why were you three watching us?" The kids exchanged 'confused' glances. "What?! No, no. You got it all wrong. We would never spy on you.. We love to observe the animals, the ocean, and you happened to be walking where hermit crabs live. That's why. Terribly sorry!" Willow said calmly. Her companions nodded in agreement. "Well, have a good day you six!" Lucy said, stroking each horse before walking off with Wyatt. Weren't spying, huh? Wyatt asked himself.

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
*Kids POV - Later that day, walking to beach house (yes, it has a farm)*
"That was just too damn close." I told Maple and Sven. They nodded in agreement. "You're right. But you're excellent at lying." Maple said. I glanced at Maple. "Well, you were great at keeping a straight face!" I exclaimed. "Enough of this chatter. Let's just get our asses back to the farm before Mom and Dad yell at us for being late." Sven said. He trotted forward, eager to get home. Maple and I stood there, shocked to hear him curse. However, we shrugged it off, and cantered after him. Sven was right. We'd be dead meat if we were late.

Thank you for reading! Sorry that this chapter was REALLY random, since I added myself, my friend, and my brother.. but I really needed to update so.. there you go! Anyways, you know how I said I wasn't going to be in the country for 3 weeks, and I might not be able update? Well, our plans changed so we cannot go.. Thank you all for your support, and hopefully more updates soon! Farvel!
~Destiny💙