Chapter 12 ~ A Lingering Thought

To start off with this chapter, I would like to make a shout-out to TimelessDeductions for all of their lovely feedback and voting on this story. Thank you so much, your comments really inspires me to keep going! Anyways, here is chapter 12 everyone!

Lucy stared out window, watching the moon glow through the clouds. She had the most wonderful day in her life. There were two reasons that the day was so wonderful: She reunited with Luke and her other friends and she was with Wyatt who ended up adopting Luke for her. He's truly amazing.. Lucy thought. She wondered if Wyatt was falling for her too. She believed he was, but at the same time, she disagreed with herself. Lucy wondered if she reminded him of Jessica, and that's why he was being so nice about everything. She tried to just shrug it all off, but every time she forgot about her thoughts about Wyatt, they always, came back, having an even stronger effect on her than before. She found this weird, yet oddly enjoyable.. Lucy turned around to see Luke asleep. She loved her boys. Wait.. What? Her boys? Well, obviously she loved Luke.. He was the best dog ever! But her BOYS? Wyatt and Luke were her BOYS. She just realized that she had said she loved Wyatt. To confess or not? Lucy had no idea. She was so nervous about what would happen. For now, I will keep my mouth shut.. Lucy thought, gazing up at the moon and stars above. That boy was like a melody that she just couldn't keep out of her head- that was for sure.

(And yes, that last line is a reference to this song below. The original song is called "Replay" by IYAZ. Childhood song, anyone? It sure is for me! Enjoy the song if you want to XD)

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

No, no, no, and no! Just confess, Lucy! Please stop being shy.. Have courage! As your sister, I want to encourage you to just go for it! Just like I wanted you do choose your own future and your own job instead of trying to fulfill mother's legacy. Your future is right next to you, driving! HE'S YOUR DESTINY, JUST AS MUCH AS YOU ARE HIS!

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

Wyatt looked at Lucy, who was deep in thought. He said nothing, keeping his eyes on the road. He began to drift off into his own thoughts. He turned around and looked at Luke, who was snoring gently in the back seat. Wyatt smiled at the elderly dog and turned back around to focus on the road. The reason Wyatt was now so cautious while driving was because of what happened with Jessica. He snuck a quick glance at Lucy, who was still staring blankly out the window. Then he shook his head. He would never do anything like that to anyone ever again. Just like Lucy did, he tried to push away these thoughts. But each time he tried to get rid of these thoughts, they would come back with an even stronger feeling. Now, here was the real question: To confess or not? Maybe later he would. But as of right now, he was nervous that she'd say no to him or that she would want him to grieve for Jessica instead. His days of grieving were over. He had a new Destiny, a new path to follow, and a new legacy to fulfill. And this Destiny was sitting to the left of him.

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

Oh, come on! I know that you two can do MUCH better than that! Well, you were so close, but yet so far this time.. If you two sleep together tonight yet again, don't be surprise to see the word "DESTINY" written all over your house or something.. Amy said, stroking Luke's fur. This thought is truly a lingering thought, that's for sure!

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! What do you think will happen? Thank you all for the wonderful feedback, as I said before! Anyways, farvel until next time!

~Destiny💙