Chapter 36 ~ No Getting Him Back..

Special thanks to Maplefang  for the idea of this chapter and TootsieRoll2017 for teaching me that all good books need tragedy. Thank you my friends!

"Holy shit.. He's actually gone! Really gone.. After everything we've been through together.." Lucy sobbed. Lucy looked down at the bloody limp body that lay before her. There was a terrified look on his face. His clouded eyes were glazed with pain and confusion. His ribs were crushed.

JUST KIDDING! I'M NOT Maplefang, I WOULD NEVER BREAK YOUR HEARTS LIKE THAT!!!!!!

Wyatt came up from behind Lucy and put his hand on her shoulder. "It all happened so fast.. there was nothing we could do.."

Earlier that day, Lucy and Wyatt had let Luke outside to go do his business. They had come back 45 minutes later to find their beloved pet on the side of the road. His body was battered bloody and torn. It was a horrible sight. Lucy immediately ran across the street and kneeled beside Luke's dead body. Wyatt came up next to Lucy and sat with her.

Now here they were, cars speeding by them, all wondering what was happening. Tears spilled down Lucy and Wyatt's faces. Together, they gathered their strength to carry Luke back into the house. Together, they cleaned up Luke's body and covered him with herbs, such as mint, rosemary, and lavender. Lucy and Wyatt bundled him in a blanket and dug a grave for him outside. They covered the hole and stood there. Just stood still for what seemed to be an eternity. Luke was a HUGE part of their lives, how could they possibly let him go? Lucy buried her head in Wyatt's shoulder. Wyatt placed roses on Luke's resting place. "Let's go back in Luce.." Wyatt whispered. Lucy hesitated. "Ok.." She said. They went inside, and got ready for bed. Lucy stared out the window, her thoughts blank. Wyatt walked out of the bathroom, observing Lucy's behavior. "I'm so sorry dear.. But he's with Amy now.." Wyatt said calmly. "I know but.. It'll never be the same.." She said, not turning around to face Wyatt. "I understand.." Wyatt replied quietly, slowly approaching Lucy. To Lucy's surprise, Wyatt pulled her into a warm, calming, protective embrace. "I will never leave you.." He promised. "I promise the same to you.." She whispered back. Wyatt placed a hand on Lucy's stomach. "And you.." He said, talking to their unborn child. Lucy smiled warmly at him. Wyatt looked down, surprised. "You're showing! I can see it.." He said happily. Lucy was beginning to show her pregnancy. "I am.." She said. She lay her head on Wyatt's shoulder. "We will be, together as one, my lover.. under the sun.." Lucy murmured, before falling asleep.

Maplefang YES, THAT'S A SPIRIT REFERENCE AT LUCY'S LAST LINE MY FRIEND

Thank you all for reading, sorry I probably scared the life out of ya! Hopefully updates ASAP!
~Destiny💙

(And yes, no more tricks.. FOR NOW!!!!)