Chapter 16 ~ A New Life

When Lucy and Wyatt were done organizing Lucy's stuff, another awkward silence came over them. Lucy fed Luke his dinner while Wyatt just stood there. Lucy gently stroked Luke's fur as he ate. The elderly dog didn't seem to mind. Luke turned and faced Lucy, licking her hand. He then continued to eat. Lucy rose to her feet, smiling at Wyatt. She walked over to him. "He sure is a sweet dog. I'm glad that you adopted him for me." Lucy whispered, kissing Wyatt again. Wyatt blushed. "Umm.. What are we going to do about sleeping arrangements?" Lucy asked him. Wyatt shrugged. "Whatever you want.. Sweetheart.." He said, giving her a flirtatious grin. She blushed. "I don't care, to be honest.. I'll take the couch." She replied. Wyatt shook his head. "I'd rather you have my bed, I can sleep out here with Luke." He replied. Lucy knew there was no arguing with Wyatt. However, another thought came to her mind. "If you're going to be as stubborn as our first night here, we will do what we did then." Wyatt shrugged. "Whatever you want.. Ma'am.." He said. "Then I guess we'll just share the bed.." Lucy replied. "Okay then.." Wyatt said, another uncomfortable silence coming between them. "You go get ready for bed, I'll stay out here with Luke." Wyatt said. "Okay." Lucy said, going into the bedroom. Wyatt sat on the couch, Luke next to him. He looked down at the elderly dog, who seemed to be falling asleep. Wyatt ran his hand through his the dog's fur. He had many thoughts about the future. Their future. "I can't believe I'm going to share a bed with her.. This is going to be interesting and awkward, that's all I know.." Wyatt said to Luke, still petting him. Luke looked up at Wyatt, his old brown eyes staring up at him. And with that small stare, the dog had fallen asleep. Wyatt nearly fell asleep too, until he heard Lucy come out of the bedroom, wearing her pajamas. Wyatt then went into his room to get dressed for the night. Lucy stayed out on the couch with Luke, The Phantom sitting next to her. I'm so glad you confessed, Lucy.. Because now that you got that off of your plate, you can be open to more possibilities. And all of this here, is the first step to doing so.. Amy said. She was beginning to get frustrated that her voice could never be heard, unless if her sister were asleep, and she had already frightened Lucy enough. The only one who would notice her was Luke, but he was a dog and couldn't do much about that. Amy watched Lucy think about her life as she sat with the dog. Knowing that everything seemed to be okay, The Phantom faded away.

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Soon Wyatt came out of his room. "Are you ready to come to bed?" He asked. Lucy nodded. "Yes, I guess so.. But what about Luke?" She said. Wyatt shrugged. "The dog can do whatever he wants. He can come with us if he wants.." Wyatt replied. "Okay, thank you." Lucy replied. With the help of Wyatt, she carried Luke to the bedroom and (with Wyatt's permission) put pillows on the ground for the elderly dog. "Goodnight Luke.. Sleep well, old boy.." Lucy whispered, gently stroking the dog. She and Wyatt crawled into bed. Both of them were exhausted from the long day. "Goodnight, Wyatt.." Lucy said. "Night, Luce.." He replied. And then Lucy fell asleep. Wyatt was beside her, thinking. He glanced over at her sleeping body. He ran his fingers through her hair. I guess this is a new life that has begun.. And I like it.. Wyatt thought, planting a kiss on Lucy's forehead before drifting off to sleep. I will always protect you.. He thought, curling himself protectively around her.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter; sorry, it was short.. Hopefully the next part will be out soon! Thank you all for the wonderful feedback! Anyways, farvel until next time!
~Destiny💙