Chapter 19 ~ Home

Hey everyone! Before I start this chapter, I would like to thank TimelessLover4 for voting on this story and inspiring me when I write. Your feedback inspires me to keep writing! They have great stories, so be sure to check them out! Anyways, here's Chapter 19. Enjoy!

After what seemed to be a long ride home of tears being shed and anger erupting, Lucy and Wyatt finally arrived back at Wyatt's house. By now, Wyatt's home seemed to be like Lucy's home too. It had nearly been around six months since Lucy had left her mother and moved in with Wyatt. As usual, Lucy and Wyatt were greeted by Luke when they opened the door to the house. Lucy noticed that Luke was beginning to grow more gray hairs around his muzzle and how old his eyes looked. "I'm going to be early tonight, Wyatt.. I need some time to think, that's all.." Lucy told Wyatt. "I understand. Go rest, Honey.." He replied. She kissed him on the cheek before heading to the bathroom to get changed. Wyatt looked down at Luke, the elderly dog confused about what was happening. "It's been a long day Luke.." Wyatt said as he sat on the couch. Even though the dog couldn't understand English, he was aware that something terrible had occurred. Wyatt explained the horrific events from the day to the dog. Luke gave him a sad-eyed look, and then his eyes went back to staring blankly at Wyatt. "You sure stare a lot, don't you?" Wyatt said to Luke. The dog jumped onto the couch beside Wyatt and licked his face. Wyatt chuckled as he was "attacked" with many slobbering kisses from the dog. Lucy came out of the bathroom, and saw Wyatt and Luke. She smiled. "Goodnight boys.." She called to them before walking away into the bedroom. "Goodnight, Luce." Wyatt said, smiling at her. Luke barked as if to say the same thing. They all laughed.

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

After around an hour or so after Lucy went to bed, Wyatt and Luke sat outside on the couch watching tv. Wyatt nearly fell asleep, and when he realized it was getting late, he got changed into his pajamas and walked to his bedroom, Luke by his side. Lucy was already asleep, and her face was pinkish tint from crying. Oh, my poor love.. I wish I could go back again and try to get your sister, but I can't.. Wyatt thought, staring down at Lucy's sleeping body. He laid a kiss on her forehead and ran his hand through her hair. He then settled in bed beside her, Luke by his side on the ground. Wyatt glanced over at Lucy one last time before he fell asleep. And before he fell asleep, he had another thought: His home would not be home without Lucy (and Luke). Yes, home.. Amy thought, watching the three of them sleep. Within a few heartbeats, after all was silent, The Phantom faded away into the night.