Chapter 18 ~ Why Did This Have to Happen?

Tears streamed down Lucy's face as the Lifeboat rattled and rumbled around her. Wyatt held her hand and stroked her back gently. What had feared that would happened, had happened. She, Rufus, and Wyatt had returned to Mason Industries for (probably..) their last mission. The mission was for the Time Team to get Lucy's sister back. But their plan had failed, because of Emma. Emma was the previous pilot, before Rufus, for Mason Industries. She had "died" while in a distant time period. In reality, she had faked her death. Emma and other horrible Rittenhouse dirtbags had ended up killing Henry (Amy's father) before the Time Team could get to him and make him meet Lucy's mother, Carolyn. But clearly, it didn't work. Lucy and Wyatt had been together for many months now, nearly a year, including their days of chasing the "terrorist" Garcia Flynn through time. Soon, they were back in 2017 before they knew it. Lucy was the first to flee from the Lifeboat, racing towards the dressing room. Jiya was there, and Lucy explained everything to her about what had happened. Jiya was always there for her, always comforted her. "Thank you for always being here for me, Jiya.. You've always been such a great friend.." Lucy said between sobs. "I jut feel like I've failed Amy.. That's all.." She hugged her friend. "It's okay, Lucy.. You tried, and that's what matters." She told her. "But I failed my sister!" Lucy said, running away once more to get dressed. Failed me? You should listen to your friend.. Because she's correct.. And don't you worry, I will always be here for you, Lucy. And I will walk with you forever, even though I am not there physically.. Amy said, sorrow coming over her.

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

Wyatt and Rufus dashed up the stairs, coming after Lucy. But all they found was Jiya, at the top of the stairs, an upset look on her face. "Welcome back, guys." Jiya said, as she kissed Rufus. "Where's Lucy?" Wyatt asked, concern clouding his blue gaze. "Well, I believe she went to get changed.. But she's been in the bathroom for a while now so.. I can't be sure.." Jiya replied. "I was about to come back downstairs and giver her some privacy, until you two came here, nearly knocking me off my feet." She added, grinning at  the boys. "You can head back downstairs, Jiya. I'll try to talk to her, and Rufus, you can get changed." Both nodded at Wyatt. "Okay." They both said. Wyatt walked over to the bathroom and knocked on the door. "You in there, Luce?" He asked. "Yeah.. What do you want?" She asked, whimpering. "Can you open the door for me? I want to talk.." He replied gently. Reluctantly, Lucy agreed to open the door. Her face had fresh tears on it, and she was clearly a mess. She collapsed to the ground, in tears. Wyatt got down with her, embracing her. "It's okay.. Let it all out." He whispered. Soon after everyone got dressed, they talked about what had gone wrong and began to wonder why the hell Rittenhouse was now active. "Rittenhouse has gone too far this time!" Wyatt yelled, slamming his fists down onto the conference table. "Calm yourself! We will figure it all out, I promise!" Denise said, calming him. After that whole mess, everyone went home. Lucy and Wyatt both got into Wyatt's car, everything silent. And then all of the sudden, Lucy burst into tears as they drove away from Mason Industries. She lay her head on Wyatt's shoulder, still crying. Wyatt clenched the wheel tightly. I'm not sure if you can hear me Rittenhouse, but if you can, you b*st*rds better start sleeping with one eye open! Wyatt thought, anger surging through him. As Lucy wept and angry thoughts came into his mind, Wyatt drove off into the night. He hoped Lucy would be okay; though he feared she wouldn't be..

 He hoped Lucy would be okay; though he feared she wouldn't be