Chapter 10: Laura's POV/ PickleGirl58

Start from the beginning

"And why not?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest.

"Well because-" Violet huffed and rolled her eyes, "I can't tell you!"

"Why not!?" George hollered.

"Because I'm not supposed to! You know..." She looked like she was coming up with an excuse, "Girl stuff!"

George groaned and walked to his room. He slammed his door shut and I jumped at the sound. Violet rounded on me suddenly.

"Why can't you leave him alone!?" She asked angrily, "He has a right to be mad at you, and you know it. Stop pretending he had a fair chance when he didn't."

"He had a perfectly fair chance!" I protested. "He's just mad because I got her first!"

"If he had a fair chance then you shouldn't have pulled Laura away from him." Violet wasn't yelling anymore because John had come out and he looked worried about her.

"If I'd done that then he'd have her!" I exclaimed. Violet looked at me like that was the point. I was mad now. What exactly was she trying to say? That she didn't want me with Laura? John must have seen that I was getting angry because he jumped between us and pulled me out of the room.

"Relax, Paulie." He said grabbing my shoulders, "You're arguing about a bird who's not even apart of the conversation. Do you think she'd want you arguing over her?" I shook my head and looked away from John,

"Violet's right though." He said after a few minutes of quiet. I snapped my eyes back to him and felt like hitting him.

"Right about what?" I asked through my gritted teeth.

"Georgie didn't have a fair chance." John said filling a glass up with water. He took a drink of it and raised his eyebrows at me.

"You're only sayin' that because I drug your girl away when you were tryin' to kiss her." I scowled and walked out of the kitchen. Violet was gone and Ringo was walking into his bedroom after watching the whole argument. He wasn't getting involved, which was smart on his part. I needed to go to bed. I walked into my room and got into bed. I'd actually forgotten that Laura was asleep in here until I accidentally elbowed her. She groaned and sat up.

"Sorry love." I said closing my eyes. She didn't respond. That or I didn't hear it. I was asleep before I could blink again.

Laura's POV-

I was hit. I sat up and looked around. Where was I? What had hit me like that? I rubbed my ribs and looked over next to me. Paul was falling asleep clutching his pillow.

"Sorry love." He mumbled. I scowled and got up. I wasn't sleeping in here with him. I knew what he could be like. Even though he was asleep, I didn't feel comfortable sharing a bed with him.

I went out to the living room and picked up a throw blanket. I wrapped it around my shoulders and curled up on the couch. It wasn't all that comfy, but I was not sleeping with Paul.

What had I done last night? I sighed sadly. I'd slept with George last night. I closed my eyes and went to sleep, but only for about five minutes. I was poked in the cheek. I opened my eyes to see George crouching next to me.

"Why're you sleeping in here?" He asked. He didn't sound upset or mad at me anymore.

"Because I'm not gonna sleep with Paul." I mumbled snuggling into the throw pillow I had.

"Why not?" He asked frowning.

"Because I don't know him." I said with a sigh.

"You didn't know me, but you slept in my room." He said brushing my hair out of my face. I looked at him, confused.

"Well that was yesterday." I said trying not to smirk, "I've grown since then." He giggled and shook his head.

"I'm sure." He sighed, "Go sleep in my room." He demanded lightly. I sat up and shook my head.

"No," I sighed looking at him. Almost too tired to argue with him. Almost.

"Why?"

"Because it's your bed and I don't want you to sleep on the couch because of me." I said fluffing my pillow.

"Who ever said I was sleeping on the couch?" George asked smirking. I rolled my eyes and George sat down next to me.

"If I'm not sleeping with Paul because he's in there, why would I sleep with you?" I asked crossing my arms and raising my eyebrows.

"No funny business, I swear." He said holding his hands up in surrender. I giggled and wrapped my arms around him and sighed. "You're Paul's girl and I wouldn't do that to him." I frowned and pulled back.

"I'm not anybody's girl." I said seriously. George pursed his lips and I sighed. I put my head against his shoulder.

"I'm really sorry George." I mumbled against his shoulder. His arms slid around my waist and I closed my eyes.

"What for?" He asked, sounding like he already knew.

"For Paul." I said pulling back. "I know I might have hurt your feelings...a little bit..."

George looked at his lap and put on a face I thought was a bit forced, "Nah, Paul gets lots of girls. Why would it bother me if you go out with him?" I felt stupid suddenly. Did I misjudge that maybe he liked me?

"No reason." I sighed, feeling a bit disappointed actually, "Um, I think we should go to bed." George stood up and pulled me up off the couch. I'd never actually told him I was sleeping in his room, but I really wanted to be near him. I let him pull me into his room and I got under the warm covers of his bed. George got in next to me and we both laid there silently.

"You know, funny business doesn't mean we can't, you know touch a little bit." I mumbled looking at him. He scooted closer to me and I did the same and turned on my side to face him. George sighed and put his arms around my waist. I didn't protest, because I wanted to cuddle him. I buried my face in his chest and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

I fell asleep before anything else could be said or thought.