"Let's go pick up the snacks and drinks," Kaz said once we had finished.

                "Everyone make sure to watch your language. Mama's boy gets offended," Pete said, snickering and slinging an arm around Kaz's shoulders.

                Kaz ducked away from his arm and reached up, catching Pete's arm and twisting it behind his back. "Mama's boy can kick your ass, Pete."

                "Ow, okay, I won't swear in front of your mom!" Pete said.

                Kaz released his arm and smiled pleasantly before leading us all out of the house. We piled into his car and he drove down to a market, the parking lot surprisingly quiet.

                We got out of the car and Kaz stopped us before we could keep walking. "Chips and drinks. Everyone figure out what you want. David gave us plenty of money."

                "Soda isn't good for children," I said, ducking behind Kaz again as Beckett glared.

                Kaz rolled his eyes. "I'm not going to protect you if you keep provoking him, Malley."

                "I'm cute and I have a nice ass, you're going to protect me based on those facts alone," I said.

                "Casimir!"

                Kaz tensed up so hard he almost ran into me. I also tensed up, recognizing the too giddy voice.

                Kaz shoved his hands in his pockets and turned to face Aaron. We'd run into him before, and just like before, he was with his brother and their friend. Aaron eyed the group as he moved closer to Kaz. The others were watching Aaron, recognition coming to them. They'd seen the pictures of Kaz with Aaron. They knew Aaron had abused Kaz.

                "It's like fate that we keep meeting," Aaron said.

                "And it's like fate that we keep parting," Kaz said. "I'm not looking for a chat, Aaron. We're just here to buy some junk."

                Aaron reached out and caught a handful of Kaz's hair, yanking him forward. "I don't really care what you're looking for or what you're here for."

                "Let his shitty haircut go!" I said, hating the way Kaz kept his hands in his pockets so no one would see them trembling.

                "Was that an order?" Aaron's eyes flashed and he yanked on Kaz's hair so hard that Kaz actually winced in pain. "Oh, Kaz, your new plaything isn't that bright, is he?"

                "Let him go or I'll break your fucking nose," Beckett said, yo-yo in hand.

                "Beck, let me handle this," Kaz said, trying to keep his tone easy. "Shut up and back off, all of you."

                He picked his head up, wincing as Aaron gave another hard tug. Aaron slowly released Kaz's hair and slung an arm around his shoulders, his arm dangerously close to Kaz's throat.

                "Introduce me to your friends, Kaz. You always picked shitty ones," Aaron said.

                "I'll show you how shitty I can be if you don't let him go," Mikayla snarled, taking a step forward. Leo stepped up next to her, small but ready for a fight.