I froze. He did what? Suddenly I felt anger course through me.

"How could you do that to your own daughter? With due respect, sir, that is the most fucked up thing I have ever heard. You lost your wife but she fucking lost her mother too. Didn't you realise that? She had been hurting as much as you but she dealt with it maturely. Aren't you suppose to be the mature one and keep the family together? But she did it. You don't even have the rights to be called a father after what you had be doing and done!"

Mr. Kramer finally broke down in front of me. He sobbed for and few moments until he was stable enough to speak.

"I know I have been the worst. I love my daughters. I really do. But after my wife's death, it was like I lost and piece of me. I couldn't think straight, I lost all hope. I hated her because she reminded me so much about my wife. I was broken. But seeing her lying like that, it was like history repeated itself and then I realised what wrongs I have been doing. I realised that now." He said then broke down again.

I sighed and awkwardly patted his shoulder. "It's alright. She'll be fine. She's a strong girl. I believe in her. You should too. And about your shitty ways, you should make amends as soon as she wakes up."

He chuckled a little and wiped his eyes. "You sure are straightforward, young man. Who are you anyways?"

I thought about it. "Just soemone who shares common experiences as your daughter. Just someone who cares for your daughter."

He looked confused and was about to say something when a doctor emerged from the room. The fear had been gone but now it came back in full force, knocking the breath out of me.

Mr. Kramer and I stood up instantly and faced the man in the white coat.

"Is she alright, doctor?" I asked, my heart thumping heavily on my chest.

He gave a sigh, which was not a good sign at all, and finally looked at me.

"She has lost a lot of blood, her ribs are fractured and the injury on her head looks pretty deep. We don't know when she will wake up yet."

I felt the world crash around me when I heard that. She didn't deserve this. She only deserved to be happy and not deal with all the bullshit life had to throw at her. I ached for her.

"It's because of me." Her father started mumbling again and again. I was paralysed in fear myself but I pushed myself to regain composure and put a hand on his shoulder.

"She'll be fine. I know she's a fighter so you don't have to worry about her. She'll pull through it." Was what I said, but one week later, she was still in her sleep induced state.

Why wasn't she waking up? All her friends came to visit her the past week. They gave me sympathetic looks which was frustrating because it was the same kind of look people passed down on me when they came to visit my mother.

I clenched my fists and watched them walk away after their visit. I didn't need and want emotion from them towards me. Especially not sympathy.

Lara was a mess when she heard of Elliana. Maybe she remembered her mother just like her father did and so didn't look like herself. I was a little bit glad that she had Luke with her. The kid turned out to be a really good moral support for her.