5

Emory jumped up to the sound of her front door closing. The sudden sound startled her from her sleep because she was home alone. Knowing that it was either her sister or one of her cousins Em laid back down.

"Emergencies!" She yelled out. Each of the girls had an emergency key to the other's place, but they used them whenever.

Goon had put it on Em so viciously that she had no choice but to lie down and recuperate. He definitely worked her like he had a point to prove.

The sound of sniffling caused Em to sit up in bed. She grabbed her nightshirt from the chair beside her and slid it on.

"What's up?" Em asked stepping inside her living room and spotting a distraught Serenity

Serenity was constantly shaking her head no, putting Em on high alert. Emory's heartbeat sped up as she took a seat next to her little cousin.

"Ren, I can't help if you don't tell me what's going on." She stated, moving Serenity's hair from her face.

"Shyara's going to kill me." Serenity wailed loudly. Still confused Em just sat there rubbing her back. "I messed up Em." She cried.

"What is it that you did Ren? I'm sure we can fix it, but you gotta talk to me."

"I'm pregnant." Serenity blurted making Em's neck snap.

"Come again." Emory voiced, hoping she'd heard her baby cousin wrong. Serenity had a future. Out of all of them, she was the one everyone was rooting for.

"I took a test tonight." Serenity voiced, wiping away tears. "What am I gonna do Em? I can't go home and face Shy, she's gonna kill me!"

Emory sighed heavily. "Damn Ren! I thought you were being careful. You told me when we talked that you were taking the proper precautions."

"I was! I don't know what happened. Maybe the condom burst or something." Serenity shrugged.

Emory pursed her lips. It wasn't rare for a condom to pop, but she highly doubted that notion.

"This is crazy," Em voiced running a hand through her hair. "I don't even--- we have to tell Shy Ren. She's your legal guardian, this is not the type of shit you need to keep from her."

"Em no! Please don't tell Shyara! She's gonna be so disappointed in me and I don't wanna do that to her. Oh my God." Serenity cried harder. She just knew her sister was gonna cut her up with words.

"I'm not doing that Serenity. We can tell her together, but this is not something I'm gonna keep from her." Emory stated getting up to walk to her bedroom. Panic settled in Serenity as she thought about Em calling Shy over.

Luckily, she came back with a blunt and ashtray.

"I gotta put one in the air to deal with this." Emory shook her head lighting the blunt.