21

Shyara's smile stretched a mile wide as she sat up in bed and saw that the entire bedroom floor was covered in roses. Her heart leapt from her chest at the sight alone.

"Babe," Shy called out giggly, while pulling the covers over her face shyly. She could hear the water running from the bathroom, so Shy knew exactly where Josiah was.

"Stay there," He called out over his shoulder while filling the bathtub with bubbles. Today was Shy's twenty-eighth birthday. For weeks she had been stressing how it was no big deal, just another day, but Josiah begged to differ. It's was Shy's day and Siah was going to ensure he did everything to make her feel that.

She deserved it.

Shy did so much of taking care of everyone else, She rarely made time to do anything nice for herself. That trait was a gift and a curse where Josiah was concerned. While he loved spoiling Shyara, Josiah real wanted her to put some of that energy she placed into others, back into herself.

"Don't move until I come out and get you," Josiah called out, he was excited for Shy's reaction. "Give me like three more minutes."

Loving the suspense, Shy shot back, "Three minutes?! Babe, I need to pee."

Josiah sucked his teeth knowing Shyara was full of shit. Every other morning he had to yell at her about holding her pee until she had to run and flop on the toilet. Now all of a sudden she wanted to wake up and pee. Shy's ass just wanted to be nosy.

Josiah emerged from the bathroom grinning. Shy loved the soft side of him. No one would have ever known that Josiah was a certified lover boy. He loved holding hands, hugging and kissing, he even liked coordinating outfits whenever they would go out.

Shy loved it.

The feeling was indescribable. She thought she had a fairytale with Gutter, that shit didn't even compare to what Shyara was feeling with Josiah. She never had to argue, all of Shy's needs were met without asking. The only thing Shy could hope for was that Josiah wasn't too good to be true, because life with him felt damn good.

"Bring your lying ass on," Josiah smiled, walking over to the bed. He kissed Shyara softly. "You can pee, but don't get hung up in the bathroom. I wanna show you the rest of the house before you handle what's in the there."

"Mhm," Shy agreed, jumping up to run to the bathroom. Tears formed in her eyes as soon as she saw the sight before her. Josiah's entire bathtub was filled with warm water, bubbles, and rose petals. On top of that, he had an additional vase filled with a dozen roses, a fruit tray, and mimosas waiting for Shy.

 On top of that, he had an additional vase filled with a dozen roses, a fruit tray, and mimosas waiting for Shy

"Big twenty-eight," Josiah spoke, walking up behind Shy wrapping his arms around her waist. "I have a beautiful day planned for a beautiful lady. Hope you got enough rest last night." He kissed the side of her neck.

Shy turned around wrapping her arms around Josiah. "Baby, I love this. Thank you so much." She cried. This was the nicest thing anyone had ever done for Shyara and it felt good.