Chapter 2- Surfing and Smooching

Začít od začátku

"Sorry to disappoint you, but that's not it. What I was going to say was that I was wondering if all of you can meet my best friend and me at noon to hang out. I just don't know where."

"Sure. We'll meet you at the beach."

"Sounds great! See you there."

"Oh and Elena don't forget your swimsuit." I stared at the phone and the line went dead. Oh, Harry, you sneaky cheek.

"Em, pack your swimsuit! We're going to the beach!" I squealed. We jumped on my bed doing a happy dance from a movie we saw together a few years ago. It involves a booty shake to the right and then a booty shake to the left.

"We should probably get ready." Em said finally, hopping off the bed. I nodded, trying to catch my breath as I fell onto the bed.

After packing a beach bag, I looked at Emma. Her chocolate brown hair was hanging loose and she had on a black string bikini under her jean shorts and a loose jacket. Her hazel eyes gleamed in excitement, turning to face me.

"Ready to go?"She asked.

"I just need to put my swimsuit on. If I can remember correctly, I was packing up everything while you went home and changed."

She chuckled, unashamed, as she reached into one of my drawers. She rummaged through a few items before tossing a bikini at me that landed on my face. Using two fingers, I slowly peeled it away from me to see my favorite blue bikini.

"You know me so well."

"Well I figured I'd go with the safest bet. I didn't know which one you were feeling today."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we arrived, we ran onto the sand like we've never been on the  beach before. We laid out our towels and set our stuff down before looking around. The boys weren't here yet.

We looked at each other and smiled. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Only if you're thinking what I'm thinking."

"Let's go!" We split off, sand kicking up on our feet. I stop in confusion, turning to look behind me to see Em none the wiser.

I cup my hands around my mouth. "Em! Wrong way!"

She skidded to a stop, tripping over her feet and landed on a pour kid's sandcastle. I froze before bursting into laughter as the kid dumped his water bucket onto her head before storming off to his parents.

Em slowly pushed herself off the demolished castle and rising to her feet.

"Em!"

She turned towards me. "This way, let's go."

After her little mishap, we finally got to the store and rented two surfboards and hurried back. When we got back, they still weren't here. "Let's go surf while we wait." I took off my cover up in agreement, clutching my surfboard to my side before running towards the horizon. We paddled out and sat waiting for the perfect wave.

"You don't think they stood us up, do you?" I asked.

"Of course not! There is either a lot of traffic or they forgot how to get here, but they're also boys so maybe they decided to get ready last minute. A minute too late if you ask me."

 I laughed and looked back, seeing the perfect wave forming. "This one's mine you old geezer!" I said, paddling on the swell of the wave and standing up. I rode the awesome wave and did a kick flip before letting the wave gently lead me to shore with Em right behind me.