2yeon: Letting go

Jeongyeon-ah,
I promise, this will be the last time that I'll bother you and your girlfriend. Sorry for everything. Maybe I just can't move on. But as I say, I'll try my best from now on. Don't worry, you guys won't see me anymore. If ever you'll do, maybe it will take a very long time. I already made my decision anyway. This may be hard, but I'll do whatever I can to endure the pain. One day, I might just be contented seeing you happy with her. And my heart, will no longer be fragile. Maybe by that time, I already found the love of my life. Before I end this, I just want to say these words for the very last time.... I love you.
Nayeon
-
-
-
-
-
5 years later

Since these past years, the latter would always wish for this to happen. For her, this is one of the most important things that mattes to her. And now she'll be entering a room that's so familiar to her eyes. She's been here for the past 5 years. As she entered. A lot of eyes gazed unto her. Some are males and some are females. And there are elderly as well. All of them are wearing a specific uniform.
-
-
-
-
-
-
"I, Former Sergeant Im Nayeon, will now be a Sergeant First Class from this day on, until the next promotion. Unity!"
-
Everyone clapped their hands to Nayeon, who just got promoted into a Sergeant First Class. Yes, 5 years ago, she entered the military and trained for months until she became a recruit, private, corporal, sergeant, and now a sergeant first class. How did she get into this position?

Few years ago,

"Soldier in training Im Nayeon! What happened to you a while ago?!"

"Lieutenant Park, I sincerely apologize for that. It's just that, I can't concentrate that much. And I was afraid of....."

"Can't concentrate and afraid?! Do you really want to be a soldier?!"

"Yes Sir!"

"Why so?"

"Sir, for the past years, I was always dependent and I never thought on how I would make myself stronger enough to defend myself. When the person who's always by my side left me, I really felt weak up until I thought of death. But then I realized, maybe she left me because from that day on, I should learn how to be tough, and how I wouldn't let my emotions affect me. That's why I came here. I know being in the military can help me be stronger. And aside from that, I also want to help others, our country, and be an inspiration to people who want to be tougher."

"If you really want to be stronger and be an inspiration to others, then you shouldn't let your emotions affect you. That can have an effect in this country's military service. And learn how to cope with your fears. A soldier, shouldn't be afraid of anything."

Back

"Sergeant First Class Im Nayeon, Congratulations on your promotion. As another reward, you'll be dismissed from service for a week before you start your duty. Araseo?"

"Sir Yes Sir!" The girl saluted to a soldier with a higher rank.

Later on

"Yo Rabbit Unnie! Congratulations once again!" Her best friend in the military, Sergeant Son Chaeyoung together with Corporal Kim Dahyun approached her."

"Gomawo Sergeant Cub and Corporal Eagle." She addressed them with their alias. Hers is Rabbit, Chaeyoung's Cub, and Dahyun's Eagle.

"Anyways, can we do that Three days no nights again?" (A/N: DOTS feels kekekeke).

"Sure Eagle! How 'bout you Rabbit Unnie?" Nayeon became silent for a while, until she smirked saying something.

Time passed, night time