Chapter Ten - MTMHML

Stephanie - Six Months Later

"Only very young babies (or babies with a condition linked to being born prematurely) are treated in the NICU — they're usually infants who haven't gone home from the hospital yet after being born. How long they'll stay in the unit depends on the severity of their condition."

I yawned. 

Ang boring naman kasi ng discussion na ito eh, tsaka our teacher already taught us this before. 

Napahawak nalang ako sa tiyan ko, sana kapag inilabas ko ang magiging anak ko, maging healthy siya. 

I am six months pregnant, with Sam's baby. Nung gabing yun, sobrang nalasing ako, nalasing rin siya. And when I woke up, we were in bed, together, cuddling, naked. 

I didn't bother to ask what happened, obvious naman. We tried to forget about it, but then I found out that I was pregnant,  Two Baby Peanuts has been conceived, not one, two. 

Lawrenz was the first person to notice that something changed about me. I was always complaining kasi tuwing magka-skype kami, tapos lagi ako nalang akong kumakain, tumaba nga daw ako. Hindi ko siya kinausap ng isang araw because of that, the next day naman, may natanggap akong chocolates galing sa kanya. Hahaha.

Nung una, akala ko may trangkaso lang ako or something. But then he remembered about my night with Sam, I told him. I tell him everything, and vice versa. I knew he was hurt, naramdaman ko naman eh. Pero the first thing he said after not talking for five minutes was; "naunahan pa ako ng ungas na yun!" 

He told me to take a pregnancy test just to be sure, I didn't listen to him, pero I did but one, after a week nga lang. 

I was chatting with Lawrenz when I took it, kulang na nga lang umihi ako sa harapan niya. 

Naiyak nga ako nung malaman ko yung resulta eh. I didn't know how to feel, natatakot ako but I was still really happy. 

The first thing I did was go to my school, I told them about my condition and they were nice enough to let me continue my studies. 

"Ano? Itatago mo sa ama ng mga anak mo na siya ang tatay nila?"

"Lawrenz..."

"Stephanie, you're being unfair to Sam, and to the babies." 

"I don't know how to tell him! You tell him! Uwi ka na dito!" 

He chuckled, "baby I would love to, pero madami pa akong kailangang asikasuhin dito."

I rolled my eyes, "ano ba yan, anong klaseng boyfriend ka ah!" 

Tuluyan na nga siyang natawa, "umuwi naman ako jan para tanungin ka ng maayos ah!" 

"Tatlong araw ka lang dito oy!"

I laughed as I recalled the memory, I had to attend a group discussion for our class, and while we were in the middle of a talk, he suddenly appeared in the monitor, nagulat pa nga ako eh, pero napangiti na rin ako, he sang a song, Every Breathe You Take. Hahaha. 

At nung dumating na sa last part ng song, he appeared in front of all of us. 

"It'd be unfair if I asked you to be my girlfriend online." 

"Lawrenz..."

"Shh, let me talk. Stephanie Leigh, you are, without a doubt, the most amazing woman I have ever met. You never cease to amaze me, I love you so much, and if you give me a chance, I will continue to prove my love to you every single day, will you be my girlfriend?"