Chapter 44: Death

RILEYS POV

I gimped along side Daryl god I'm in so much freaking pain it's not even funny. I wish I could roll over and die but I've come to far to due just that.

"You alright?" Daryl asked for the thousandth time.

I smiled weakly at him "Yes I'm."I winced at a sharp pain through my body. "Fine" I said clutching my side.

"No your not." He said

"Daryl yes I."I said before Daryl lifted me into a marriage cradle "Okay this works to." I said wrapping my around a around his neck holding on to him.

"Go to sleep." He said and I closed my eyes and the motion of his swinging arms when he stepped quickly put me to sleep.

Walkers ripped Ryan apart limb from limb. I screamed but nothing can out my throat was dry and cracked. I couldn't breathe tears flowed down my face. I watched in horror at the walkers eating Ryan alive.

"RYAN!" I screamed finally making words

"RILEY!" He screamed back blood coming out of his mouth. He collapsed to the ground no fight was left in his lifeless body as the walkers ripped out his intestines and organs one by one devouring them graciously. I froze and couldn't move my feet. I was stunned I couldn't believe what has just happened. Where was Daryl? Where was everyone else? Where was I? My feet finally unglued themselves from the ground and I ran away through the woods. I jumped a log in my path grabbed my pistol and shot a walker coming toward me. I turned around and saw a mound of walkers piling on top of Ryan's half devoured body. The tears have finally dried due to the wind hitting my face while running. I weaved around and over trees. I turned sharply around a tree and a pulled my pistol up, aimed and pulled the trigger. The walker kept advancing....SHIT I'm out of bullets! I hit the walker with my gun and knocked it to the ground. Running even faster through the woods trying to escape the walker. OOOPH! I hit the ground shit a walker had grabbed my arm and pulled me to the ground. I kicked at it trying to knock it off my leg but it didn't help. The walker bit into my slim legs and veins and bloods gushed out of my leg and the monsters mouth. I screamed in pain next thing I knew more walkers were on top of me like flies. One had bit into my shoulder and another bit into my arm. I screamed in pain as they chewed onto my limbs. Blood spilled out of my stomach as one dug into it. A single tear slipped down my cheek as the life left my body and death took me over.