Chapter 33: What Happened

I walked back to my cell and sat down on the bed. I didn't want to have to stay in bed or not be able to help. But my arm was killing me and if I moved or lifted something just right I would pull and tear the stitches out. Laying back on the bed I closed my eyes and drifted off to a much needed sleep.

DARYLS POV

I walked out from the barn looking for Riley. I searched in the garages, the roof, and now the barn. Where could she be? I walked down to the garden where I say Rick and Carl weeding and getting vegetables. "Hey Rick have seen Riley today?" I asked reaching the garden

"Last I saw her she left and went on a walk outside the fences and into the woods. I don't know if she's back or not though." Rick told me

"Thanks." I said walking back at a fast pace to C to go grab my crossbow, pistol and knife to go find Riley.

Once it reached C I pushed the heavy door open and walked inside. Making my way down the hallway which lead into the main area and main rooms. I walked over to the stairs and climbed them to the top before making a right to head for Riley's and my cell. I pulled back the black curtain and stepped inside. There she was sound asleep. Riley was curled up into a tight ball she must have been cold. She had her one hand on my pillow and the other under her's. Her bangs where in her eyes and her hair laid across her pillow behind her. She was so cute when she sleeps not that she isn't cute all the time. I walked over to the table beside the bed and turned off the little battery powered light. Then I turned and pulled a blanket from below the bed and laid it across her body. I bent down smiling and brushed her bangs out of her face and placed a tender kiss on her forehead. As I went to turn around Riley moved slightly shifting the blanket and making it fall a little off her right shoulder. I looked at her closer and saw what looked to be blood. Stepping in even closer I saw that it was in fact blood and she had a bunch of stitches in her arm below her collar bone. Blinking and shaking my head a little confused I walked down the stairs to find Hershel.

"Hershel?" I said walking into the doctoring cell

"Yes how can I help ya Daryl?" He asked me looking up from his medicines that he was organizing.

"Do you know..." I began before he cut me off

"About Riley? Yes, she was stabbed and she came in and I fixed and stitched her up. The wound was fairly large, wide and deep. But she will be fine soon she just can't do a whole lot now because she can bust open the stitches which will cause her more pain. I will let her tell you what happened when she wakes up. I gave her medicine to help es the pain and I told her she needed the sleep. I'm just happy she is listing for once." Hershel said chuckling at the last part

"Thanks Hershel for helping her." I said before hearing his thank you and walking out of the cell.

I walked back outside letting Riley sleep and walked over to the garage to work on the truck a little. I walked in a pulled the truck up farther so I could use the sunlight. I grabbed a piece of cardboard and laid it down under the truck. Crawling underneath it I checked the under carriage of the vehicle.

"Hey." Ryan said scaring the shit out of me making me smack my head on the bottom of the truck.

"God dammit." I said rubbing my head "What's up?"

"Have you um seen Riley?" Ryan said looking at the ground

"Yeah." I said looking at him then looking back at the truck.

"Where?" He asked

"She's sleeping....can you tell me what happened like why she has a bunch of stitches in her shoulder?" I asked

"Oh she hasn't told you." He said

"No when I went to go get my weapons to go find her she was asleep on the bed." I told him

"That Emma girl attacked her on her walk an she stabbed Riley." He said scared like he was afraid of me coming after him.

"WHERE THE FUCK IS THIS BITCH SHE'S DEAD!" I yelled furiated crawling out from under the truck and walking back Ryan

"Don't bother." He said making me stop and turn around and stand back in front of him. my blood pressure was up and I was ready to kill a bitch.

"And why not!" I said

"Riley beat ya to it." He said and I blinked confusedly in response.

"After Emma stabbed Riley. Riley stabbed and killed her." Ryan said shocking the shit out of me.....well a little.

"Wow!" I said

"Yeah she actually killed her. I know if she didn't I would have and so wouldn't have you." Ryan said

"I'm just happy she killed the bitch or I would have made her suffer." I said dead seriousness in my voice,eyes, and face.

The day then ended and Riley still didn't wake up. I went to bed in another cell so I would not wake or disturb her. I would let her wake up on her own. The next Morning I woke up and checked in on her...there was no change.

*********************************
Happy readying :)
*********************************