Compliments

Azalea hasn't seen that man in weeks and she couldn't be more than relieved. She sits there happily doing her work.

"Miss Hawthorne?", Percival startles her.

"Y-yes, Mr. Graves?", she says.

"That's a lovely dress", he says, pointing out her new blue black dress.

"I made it", she says.

"You look good, Lea", he says before walking away, leaving Azalea slightly speechless.

"That's it? 'You look good'?", Chip arrives.

"What's that supposed to mean?", she asks.

Chip suddenly gets nervous. "Uh..., nothing. Jeez, look at the time", Chip runs off. Odd. What's even more odd is that Percival called her Lea. That's new.

Azalea heads inside Percival's office with his coffee and the report that he wanted earlier on. Percival's eyes are still on the papers he's holding.

"Your coffee, Mr. Graves", she says as she places the mug on his desk.

"Thank you, Lea", he says. Azalea walks to the door, but it's locked.

"Um, Mr. Graves? The door is locked", she says.

"I know", he says, eyes still on the papers.

Azalea just stands there, awkwardly, fingers twirling the hem of her blouse. Percival stands up, coat on and walks toward her. Azalea backs up to the wall.

"Mr. Graves?", Azalea begins to feel uncomfortable.

"How are you doing?", he asks. Wait what?

"I'm..., I'm doing ok", she says.

"He's not bothering you anymore?", he asks again and she shakes her head. "I'm heading off to oversee something. I won't be in for three days. Would you be ok on your own?", he asks.

Azalea gulps. "Uh, yeah. I mean, Chip and the boys are here", she says.

Percival tucks a strand of her hair behind her ears. "Ok...", he says and unlocks the door. He holds it and Azalea runs out first.

"Ok, what did he say?", Chip sits next to her.

"He just said he's going away for three days", says Azalea.

"That's it?", asks Chip.

"What do you want, Chip?", she says.

"Henderson! Get back to work!", Percival's voice echoes and Chip runs back to his desk. Azalea can feel her cheeks burn and probably redder than tomatoes. What is going on? She could only shake her head.