VIII

Autumn

Nico

I woke up laying on Will. After multiple tries, I was able to turn my Tap on. It was 9:27. So I decided to go into my room and get dressed.

Once I got into my room, I looked around to change my clothes into an outfit that I can actually wear outside, instead of sweatpants. I wanted to explore Elysium with Will a bit. So I changed into a black T-Shirt and black pants, along with the hoodie Will gave me, as it was October Second and getting colder.

I stared out the window, trying my best to remind myself that I would never have to worry about freezing to death in my sleep. That I would never have to worry about getting killed. I was safe. I'm safe. And I don't need to remember living in the Barrenlands anymore.

But I can't stop the memories, no matter how hardly I try. They aren't something that can go away like the red leaves that are blowing away in the wind.

I sighed, and left the room.

Will was sitting at the island, eating a piece of bread and drinking coffee. I sat down and got served my own coffee, which was extra strong, like Will's. Apparently if he doesn't have it strong, he gets tired and grumpy.

I can tell we both aren't morning people.

We were sitting there when Will suggested that we go to the park.

"Will, its cold outside. And it's 10 am."

"Put on a jacket then. You said you wanted to see more of Elysium anyway."

"I just meant shops and stuff."

"The shops are all online. And it's not even really a shop, since we don't use currency."

"Okay, fine."

I went into my room, when I realized that besides my one outfit and my pajamas, I didn't have any clothes. I'll have to ask Will how to get to the Tap's shop. Then, forgetting what I even came in for, I went back outside.

Will was wearing a gray jacket, and a yellow button-down shirt underneath. He looked handsome, and I don't know much about fashion, but the shirt looked good on him. But to be fair, he's the ho- only decent looking guy that I've seen since forever.

"Ready to go, Death Boy?" He asked.

"Death Boy?" I said confusedly. The last time anyone called me by something other than my real name was that Bianca used to call me Neeks. But she was probably the last person who I've seen who was sane.

"Yes."

"Okay then, Will."

We walked outside, and the breeze was blowing strongly, which caused Will's somewhat-longish hair to blow into his face.

We walked down a few blocks, where we saw a small coffee shop, and we entered. It was run by an android (obviously.) and we decided to get something to drink.

"So, Death Boy, what should we get?" Will asked.

I looked through the menu, then decided on a bagel and a coffee with a small bit of cream. Will got a hot chocolate and a doughnut.

We sat at a table, and watched the unnaturally red trees, and the gray sky in the background.

"Elysium's beautiful." I whispered.

"I do actually like the fall here." Will said. "It's a fun change. But I used to get mad because it rains a lot in the fall and spring here. It's hard to climb a wet wall" I looked over at the wall, which was a lot further away, but looked a bit taller than it was when I used to climb it to meet Will.

I remember every few nights, trying my best to get as clean as possible for Will. I remember going up there, even when Will wasn't there, and remembering a promise we made on one of the times we met.

~~~

It was a clear night in late August. I was climbing it the wall.

Will and I have been meeting each other for almost a month, and we were acquaintances at the time.

"Hey, Nico." Will asked, after sitting for a while in silence.

"Yeah?"

"Let's make a promise." I looked into his crystal blue eyes.

"What?"

"I promise that I won't go to the Barrenlands, if you promise that I get to be the one to take you into Elysium."

I could just decline. I could just climb into Elysium and start running. I should be able to care less about what Will does.

But I do care, for some odd reason. I don't want Will to go over to the Barrenlands.

"I promise." I was tempted to add 'On the River Styx' but realized that Will wouldn't understand my inside joke with Bianca.

"Okay. It will be a while, Nico, but one day I'll be able to take you into Elysium."

~~~

I took another sip of my coffee, and stared out into the clouds.

I wonder why Will even talked to me. He could have just left me that first night. I have no idea why he even cared for me.

But for now, it was good to have someone who I can consider a friend.

I haven't had a friend in years.

Let's take all the feels and put them towards Nico di Angelo, why don't we?

I kind of like my writing style for this, how Nico is a lot more descriptive of his new environment, and Will is kind of sassy, kind of how Rick writes Percy in the first series, but shows a lot more feelings for Nico.

But any improvements that I can make, please point out.

Thank you and goodbye.