VII

Tap

7 chapters in and I realize that I was originally supposed to have Will in the Barrenlands and Nico in Elysium because I felt that how it is now is too cliche...oops.

Will

I came by the building where they install Taps, and went to the waiting room for people who are done with their Taps. Most of the young preteenagers were playing around with their new Tap, but I couldn't find the guy I came here for.

I walked to the desk, where an android was waiting.

"Where's Nico?"

"Last name?" It asked in a monotone voice.

"He doesn't have one, he was the kid from Barrenlands."

"He is still getting his Tap."

"It's been 2 hours! It takes half that time!"

"It is expected to last until tomorrow."

"Can I at least see him?" I asked.

It led me to a room on the fifth floor, which was off because all of the operations took place on the second and third floor. I saw a glass into the room, and watched as someone took notes. I was told that most implantations are done by robots, but once in a while people do it.

When he saw me, the doctor stepped outside and explained that due to the fact that Nico is a lot older than everyone else who got Taps, he would have to stay until tomorrow at this time. I nodded and didn't question it, which was odd. I usually don't trust people like him.

So instead, I decided to go home and watch TV. I could live without Nico for a day, I guess. I continued watching The Olympians, the show that I was watching with Nico yesterday, until around 11 PM, where I ended up falling asleep on the couch.

~~~

Nico and I were riding around Elysium, and he was watching the scenery. He tried using the Tap, but it gave him a bit of a headache. I'm pretty sure it was because of the Chip, and all the new information he was getting.

Once we got back, it was pretty quiet. Nico was using his Tap and was trying to read, I think.

"Random question, Nico." I asked, and he looked up.

"Yes?"

"Do you have a last name?"

"I'm not sure. Do you think you could give me one, or does it not work that way."

For some reason the first thing that popped into my mind was to give him mine. But I decided against that, and after looking it up, I decided on something that would suit Nico.

"How about di Angelo?"

"Nico di Angelo. I like that." He looked over me and gave a small smile, and I saw that the chef was cooking something that looked like a pizza. I don't think Nico has ever had a pizza. That's just disappointing, everyone should have pizza! Pizza's amazing.

As the android servant wheeled over, I picked up a piece of pizza off the tray, and set it on a paper plate.

Nico obviously burned his mouth on his, as he instantly took the pizza slice out of his mouth and started wincing.

"Did you burn your mouth?" He nodded, and I got up to grab him some sugar, which can apparently help burnt mouths. And cure hiccups.

So I grabbed a spoon out of the counter, and dipped it into the sugar bag on the counter, as they were making pancakes earlier.

I have him the sugar, and honestly, he looked adorable when the spoon was in his mouth. I tried to turn my Tap on to take a photo, but my reaction time was too late.

"Hey Nico?"

"Yes?"

"I'm going to go on a run." I went into my room, which was still furnished to a bare minimum as I was too lazy to Tap some more furniture, and changed into some work out shorts, and left.

On my run around the block, I decided to try and sort out some of my thoughts, like I normally did.

I knew that I was 18, in my own apartment, and sharing it I'm with someone who came from the Barrenlands. I knew that this person was named Nico di Angelo. I have kissed Nico di Angelo's cheek. And I think I am in love with Nico di Angelo. And I eventually have to tell him that.

Eventually.

But I guess that I'm scared that I'm going to fall to far. Because all that falls gets broken.

I shook that though out of my head, as if mentally throwing it into the trash can. I didn't want to deal with that crap today. I ended up focusing on they lyrics of my music.

Once I got back, I saw that Nico had a plate stacked with garlic knots. Not stacked like three or four, but stacked like 18 of them. He was halfway through eating one.

"Is that going to be your dinner?" I asked. Nico nodded sheepishly. I laughed, and grabbed another piece of pizza.

After dinner, we decided to watch some more of The Olympians, and eventually, Nico ended up laying on my shoulder.

And there we were, just laying there. Once I saw that Nico fell asleep, I decided one thing.

I definitely want to be something more than friends.