Chapter 22

"And I've been trying really fucking hard not to try so hard."

- And, Eden (Jonathan Ng)

***

"So?"

"So?" I smiled as I stared directly in his eyes, I knew exactly what he was going to ask me, you know the usual cliché.

"Should I just drop you off like that? No kiss for me?" Asher said placing on hand on my waist which caused me to raise an eyebrow.

I think I do that a lot. I should stop, really.

"I think you've been graced more than enough with my company for today." I smiled sarcastically as I removed his hand from my back.

"You're missing out on this Collins." He gestured himself up and down like he was a prize.

"How could I not endeavour something like you." I looked up at him as he opened the door to my suite and we came inside.

"You want some water?" I asked making my way to the kitchen.

"Of course, I have to stay hydrated all the time." He said as he fixed his hair and made his way and stopped behind me, his hands snaking around my waist as his face nuzzled his face in the crook of my neck.

"Stay hydrated? Really?" I asked.

"What? It's good for your skin." He says like a deer caught in headlights,

"Suuuure." I let out unsurely.

"You should be knowing, you're a model too." He says as he turned me towards himself.

"Part model. Also, you're in a funny mood today, why is that?" I asked chuckling.

"You know, I expected much arguments to happen at Dad's and surprisingly nothing did. I'm really glad dad and I worked it out. thanks for coming today Tess." He said.

"You're welcome I guess?" I laughed it off.
But I was soon silenced as his deep blue eyes bore into mine, they were so warm and suddenly it felt everything was spinning, everything out of focus and all I see is him.

He is looking at every detail of my face, from the structure of my face to the little freckles around my nose. I feel self conscious, but his embrace comforts me.

I see his dark circles reducing because of the proper sleep he was getting. His eyes always changed sights, but remaining restricted to my face- maybe he was searching for answers or musing upon the problems he faced.
Never in my life I thought I would admit it, but it felt nice like this.

To be around him, nicer as every moment passes.

"You make me better, baby."
And right there, in that exact moment every word in that sentence turned me on, and trust me I'm not joking because it felt like the blood flowing in my veins paced a thousand times faster, making my heart beat faster.