Chapter 11

"I think of something, and then it becomes something else."
-Pablo Picasso

***

"It's just a cut mother. Don't be so harsh on me." I said cringing at the shitty hospital clothing they provided. I mean white gowns with blue flower prints? Seriously ridiculous. Small flower prints were not even in the fashion these days. Mom stood in front of me with a stern expression on her face which clearly depicted her annoyance.

"Eat them Tessa Collins or I'll make sure you never get out of those." She said pointing to my hospital clothes. Damn mother, you really know my choice.

She handed me a bowl full of fruits. I had fruits. I mean she could get my Nutella and it would also provide me some nutrients. The point is erasing your hunger. Even pizza toppings have veggies on them, don't they?
But of course mom has to chip in and give me gluten free diet and the so called balanced one. I hope she understands that I too am a girl and have cravings.

"Where's my phone mom?" I asked impatiently. I can't really live without my phone, after all it shares its secrets with me. It keeps a track of my whole life.

"Oh let me ask Sophia." She said and scurries out of the room while still talking on the phone about the opening of her exclusives. She seemed so busy, and I looked nothing but pathetic lying here in these hideous clothing where I could be partying today. Or shopping. Or both.

"Tessa." Ashley came inside the room shaking her head in disappointment. She does that whenever I act childishly, hence in this case.
"What happened to you?" She knew what happened to me but she liked getting under my skin. And partly, she's actually surprised since I'm a model and walking in the correct was and the amount of swaying your body does is something I'm a hundred percent aware of, it's unbelievable how much of a klutz I can become. I can practically run in heels but this was just so embarrassing. Tripping over marbles? It was so not.. me.

And suddenly my eyes widened in surprise.
"Who the fuck put marbles on the floor?" I asked angrily while Sophia entered the room with my phone and probably she heard the conversation considering her guilty expression twice a day.

"I'm sorry, it was Brooklyn. He lay them on the floor so I could trip and fall since I hid his video games. I just got it out from him."
She said laughing. In case you're wondering who the hell Brooklyn is, he is her brother who is three years younger to us. Apart from that, despite their constant bickering he came to a conclusion that he had an enormous crush on me and Ashley, which was kind of awkward since his mental state is disturbed considering he still puts marbles as a weapon for revenge!

"What are you guys, 5?" I laughed.
"But you know I was thinking of throwing a party."

"You can throw them later." Ashley said rolling her eyes like she always does.

"At my place and inviting the whole school."
Their mouths parted and closed. While their heads snapped at me and eyes appeared to bounce off the sockets anytime now. My face lit up in an  impish glee.

"You certainly did not."
Ashley nudged me playfully while Sophia started,
"Are you fucking kidding me?" She wondered aloud. She might be the good girl amongst us but she can swear a lot (really funny ones)

"No, I really do want to enjoy my last year of school and try not to be Regina George all the time. I decided to live a little with my fellow mates."
They all smiled because they knew I should move on. And I did.