Chapter 6

A/N- that's how Ashley looks in case you guys didn't see the cast xD
Don't forget to vote comment and share!
Check out my new FAVOURITE song above!

"Mom what the hell!"
She shouted as the two figures came to stand beside them.

The guests looked between Ashley and her mom with uncertainty obviousy lacing their eyes.
Her mother, coloured deeply under the Botox treatment she went for every month, slight shock evident on her face.
With an awkward silence in the hallway,
Ashley still stood in shock.

"I think you should close your mouth now, we don't want butterflies exploring inside." A deep voice that belonged to, one and only to

Kaiden Black.

The one who is detested by Ashley.
Ashley knows hate is a strong word, but that is the only feeling she possess for that boy.
A mix of Cockiness, Narcissistic and incorrigible behaviour and incredibly handsome guy  (not that she could deny it) stood in front of her.
Kaiden tilted his head to examine Ashley. He might not speak much, but he is a very good observer, and so far he has been assured by Asher a million times that he can deduce anyone.
And only for that matter, he started watching Sherlock Holmes.

But when he looked at her, only a couple of extremely long tanned legs stood with a mass of black hair and green eyes.
He could make out that she was definitely shocked, not expecting them to be family friends, but somehow that hurt his ego.
Is he that horrible that a girl denies the fact and shouts at her mom?

As soon as the words left his tongue, Ashley swiftly moved toward Kaiden's mom, placing a hand on her shoulder and continued,
"I mean, seriously what the hell mom! We are friends with the Blacks and you didn't even tell me! You're the one to talk!" She said totally faking her time.

'Real smooth Ashley.' Ashley kept reminding herself throughout.

Everyone seemed to get her intention now, that a relieved expression spread across her mom's face. Her tensed shoulders slumped and threw her head back and laughed.

"I'm so sorry honey, both of you were so little at that time, and they moved to California. That's the reason we didn't bring it up. Now it's really good right? They have moved years ago but now they decided to move back to their original house and buy it again?
I can't wait to have parties every other day!" Her mom ranted on clapping her hands.

Moments later, Kaiden and Ashley's mom had been bonding on the kitchen counter like old friends, which made the situation more awkward between the two teenagers.

"So uh.." Kaiden started but was cut off

"Don't even try. You can sit in my room for the sake of their friendship but rather not talk to me." Ashley made it pretty clear, while they walked towards her room.
"What the hell is your problem!" Kaiden said shutting the door behind him and now his voice as well as his temper rising.

"You're my fucking problem, Black!"
Ashley screamed.

"But can you at least give me a fucking reason for that?"

They way Ashley's heart ached right now was not because of love, but for the fact that she had to think about her past.
Surely, Kaiden had moved back from California to New York in the last year of middle school.
At that time in Brentton Middle school neither Tessa Collins existed nor Sophia Collins.
Ashley Hale was considered one of the shy and awkward geek, with thick black framed glasses and neon green braces and a horrible sense of fashion, she entered the school everyday.
Surely her parents were famous, but no one knew that, and Ashley didn't want to reveal her identity to anyone.