Prologue

ANNOUNCEMENT:

This is one of the first books I've ever written, so there's going to be parts that doesn't make sense. I apologise for that in advance.

Samantha's P.O.V

1000 years ago...

I came back home from the woods after collecting flowers and saw my father sitting down with 3 men.
"Father , who are these gentleman?" I say trying to be polite. I don't know who they are or what they are doing. They're probably just my long lost cousins or family member.
"One of these three men are going to be your suitor." My father beams, "Isn't this great." He continues. I drop the basket of flowers and run to my room. Shock and adrenaline fuelled my veins. Tears streamed down my face. Why can't I find a man to love? Why does my marriage have to be arranged? A woman has to have a wedding they will remember forever.

My thoughts were interrupted when i heard a knocking on the door. Great, my dad is here to lecture me.
"Come in." I say, I was proved wrong when I saw a man walk in with the basket of flowers I had collected.
"I believe this belongs to you." He states, revealing a small smile.
"Thank you." I say, reaching out with my trembling hands to retrieve it.
"By the way my name is Elijah Mikaelson." He says.
"My name is Samantha Alison." I say while shacking his hand.
"I guess your dad didn't tell you about this." He announces.
"Yeah he didn't." I reply, "Who am I going to get married to?" I ask him.
"Me." He responds. "The rest of the men weren't from here they didn't understand a word." He continues while laughing.
"Well Mr Mikaelson I guess we will be seeing a lot of each other then." I say curtly.
"Goodnight Miss Alison." He says while kissing my hand.

He leaves my house and I stay in my room laying down on my not so comfortable bed. My dad comes in my room a few seconds later. "Samantha. I know what you're going through is a shock. I didn't want to disappoint you." My dad says.
"I know that dad." I say.
"So what do you think of Elijah." He says.
"He's nice." I say.
"Good because you'll be getting married in 3 weeks." He says. I gulped at his words. 3 weeks!
"Can I just go to sleep." I say, he nods and kisses my forehead.

Elijah and I got married and things were a bit awkward since we didn't catch any feelings for each other. I did get to know his family and his sister and I became best friends.
"Samantha." Elijah says. I turn around to face him. "Lets make a deal." He says, his eyes revealed something that told me that this deal would be unpleasant.
"What deal?" I reply. He hesitates for a moment then looks back at me.
"Since it's taking us time to catch feelings for each other, we can acquaint ourselves with other people and put up a facade of a loving couple when we have family dinners." He states.
"Oh," I reply, my eyes blinking fast with shock. I didn't know what to say. He wanted to go out with other women. "And Elijah if you get caught-" i was cut off when he said," I know I know." He turns around and faces me one more time. "Thank you for being understanding." He says. I smile at him then I go back to our house and sleep.

I finally understood why Elijah wanted us to 'acquaint ourselves' with other people because he wanted to go out with Tatia. Tatia had all the men falling at her feet from different ages and she chose Elijah as her suitor. When I heard this, I thought how does she not know Elijah is married then I realised he took off his ring. Sometime i wish I was Tatia. She had all the men falling at feet and every man wanted her. She was just the perfect women and I was just a big blob. I had a big chest and big behind and a curvy figure. What men wanted was a girl with a small chest and technically a girl with a small figure. I guess that's why my dad chose to make me have an arranged marriage.

Elijah had been having an affair with Tatia and i can't really have anything to say because just look at her. Esther had called all of us including Elijah's siblings to come to their house probably because of the lost of her son Henrik. We had a glass of wine then we had been stabbed in our stomachs with a sword. Everything went black.

I had woken up groaning in pain. I smelt something around me. I smelt blood everywhere. I saw that Esther had brought people in the house .
"Feed my dear children." She said to all of us. We all vanish to a different person and I felt my veins bubble under my eyes and teeth coming out and sunk into the woman's neck. We kept feeding and feeding until I realised we had just killed someone. I can't live like this for eternity. I saw the lifeless bodies lie on the floor. A shiver went up my spine, when I realise what we had just done. Guilt consumed me.

Elijah had went out and I decided to follow him. He was meeting up with Tatia.
"What are you?" Tatia says, stumbling back.
"I'm the man you love." He replies.
"You're not the man I love. You're a monster." She says. She began to run and tripped causing her to cut her knee open.
"Run." Elijah says with his fangs on show. She began to run and was stopped when Elijah ran over to her and bit her causing her to scream out in pain and agony. She took her last breath and died. She died from the hands of a person she thought she loved.

Everyday it was like this. The Mikaelsons continuously killing people. They even tried to kill me. It was at that moment I knew. I couldn't live like this. I couldn't live with them because everyday my hatred for them had been growing. So I ran. I ran as far I could away from them. I swear that every time I felt them getting closer. Thank God for magic because I would've been caught and dead long time ago. I kept running country after country not knowing when this would end.

- Present day

After a long hard debate, I had finally decided to stay in Louisiana. New Orleans to be precise. This town was filled with old and new acquaintances, which is what I needed. A fresh start. I sighed in content, while throwing myself back on the bed that was in my room.

"I guess I better get used to this place." I say to myself. From my balcony, I spotted a bar just down the street. Nothing can lift my spirits more than alcohol can. I finally leave my safe haven and walk down the streets. I pulled out my phone trying to find out if this place had signal.

It was at that moment, I found myself bumping into a hard figure. I stumbled backwards until finally looking up. My heart beat increases rapidly, I could feel nervous sweat teasing to drop down my face. "El... Elijah." I stutter. He looks at me his face emitting the expression of shock. Looks wise, he hasn't changed. He was now a man of suits. His once long hair was now cut short and gelled up, but it kind of suited him.

"Hello Samantha. We meet again."